Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 17 March 2014


March 17

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 94 

Buenos dias familia! Ojala que se encuentran bien y felices con lo que el Senor les ha dado este dia! Estoy muy contento aunque vamos a ser muy occupados! Esta manana vimos un milagro! Elder McGee ha tenido un dolor en su rodillo por un tiempo. Entonces fuimos para ver un Pediatrician para examinarlo. Fue interesante porque el doctor a quien visitamos es un miembro quien nos dio una referencia por uno de sus empleados. Tratamos de contactarlo, pero nos falto el suerte! Hasta hoy cuando lo vimos en la officina y firmamos una cita por el Miercoles! 

Well last week was phenomenal! just all kinds of awesome stuff happening! So first off just a quick question is my blog being updated? (Editor's note: this is what prompted us to update all his letters from October to now) I need to hold you accountable and make sure it does happen! Secondly I can't remember what is secondly so we'll just move on. 

Probably one of the best parts of the week was Fernando, who I mentioned last week. He's progressing really well and he is such a prepared soul for this Gospel! We taught him thrice, Monday, Thursday and then Saturday! On Saturday his roommate Jacob was there and he bore such a powerful testimony to Fernando of the Gospel and how he knows it's true. It doesn't get much better than that! Jacob has really changed since the first time we met him. Coming to church, reading the book of Mormon, and praying have really changed him! 

Alright now for the pan story. So we had Zone meeting on Thursday, and Elder McGee and I decide we wanted to make this the best zone meeting ever! So obviously the best way to do that is to make all the missionaries breakfast! We bought everything we needed, borrowed a few things from the members of our ward and were very excited for our Comp aprons we made. We got up early Thursday morning and headed to the stake center to get going on breakfast. We'd borrowed a pancake grill, but somehow we didn't think to bring a frying pan... Yeah I know, but we had a lot on our minds! Fortunately we found a ... ... I don't know what to call it, it was like a pancake grill but had taller walls so we used that for the eggs. All we had to do was find something for the sausages that's where the big mistake came in! we found two pans that looked like they would be great for frying. Yes we know they were flat baking sheets but we're men and didn't realize that at first! So we were just happily cooking along making everyone breakfast. It was delicious and everyone loved it or at least they said they did! but the sausages were just cooking so slowly! Once we'd finished it all we went to put all the dishes in the sink to soak while we held our meeting and we'd clean up after. Imagine our surprise when we lift up the pan and see the bottom melted off and sticking to the burner. That made things interesting we immediately turned the heat off and tried to scrape the metal off. It was a lot of fun when flames started coming out a bit. We remained calm and I stood ready to break the glass on the fire extinguisher and book it into the kitchen should it be necessary while Elder McGee slowly got it all off. Now we have a Souvenir to remind us of the momentous day! 




Alright now for a quick miracle story! We had an appointment on Friday, and we were walking on our way there when we saw some students throwing a football around. We OYM'ed them but got slightly separated talking to people in the same parking lot. I ended up talking to two guys named Justin and Duncan. At first they were fairly reserved, not talking too much feeling awkward while some of their friends who'd ran in laughed at them for talking to the Mormons. I kept talking though I'm good at that! Then Justin who'd sat down on the curb asked me, "I know that God's forgiving, but to what point does he forgive us?" It was an awesome question, and as we talked about repentance and the Atonement i felt the spirit so strongly testify to him that it was true. He'd someone that I know needed to hear what we said at that time. 


I know that God loves his children he knows us each indivually and cares for our concerns and challenges. 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment