Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 17 March 2014

Sister's Hiking Accident

November 13



Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 76

Pues perdoname que mando el correo muy tarde, pero es que el Lunes las bibliptecas ya estaban cerradas por el dia de los "Veterans" y ayer estabamos demasiado occupados para hacer el e-mail. Tengo una historia para contarles y tambien hicimos los intercambios ayer. Hay mucho que hacer! Hoy tenemos las entrevistas con el Presidente Murdock, y vamos a Craig porque tenemos citas. Despues vamos a Rifle para pasar la noche con Elder Gibson y Elder Barfield porque tenemos los MLC's manana. Oh no les dije pero Elder Barfield mi hijo ya tambien es un lider de zona! Y sirve en mi antiguo area! Pues no tengo mucho tiempo hasta que llega Presidente entonces a las historias!

Well forgive you control the mail very late, but Monday is that libraries were already closed for the day of the "Veterans" and yesterday we were too squatted to the e-mail. I have a story to tell and we also trade yesterday. Lots to do! Today we have interviews with President Murdock and Craig because we're going to appointments. After going to Rifle for the night with Elder and Elder Gibson Barfield because we have MLC's morning. Oh but I did not tell my trainee is already Elder Barfield is also a district leader! And served in my old area! Well, I have not much time until then President comes to stories!

Ok so first off my new companion is Elder Condie! I sent you a picture of the two of us drinking from the spigot at hanging lake a couple months ago, and I'll send more pictures next week when I have time. So interestingly enough we hiked hanging lake again this Monday. We knew that we were heading down to Rifle to buy groceries anyways so when other missionaries texted us about hanging lake we decided to go. our whole district came too! The Rangeley Elders and the Sisters here in Meeker, two of whom are from Fiji. IT was a beautiful hike as always and a lot of fun. However closer to the end of the trail up the canyon where there's little sunlight it was a little slick. I just kicked footholds for myself and kept going with a few other Elders who were all racing up to the top. It was beautiful up top and we had a great time and took lots of pictures! on the way down however we had a slight mishap. When we reached the super slippery part some people started falling. So an Elder Pikula (amazing elder love him! more later) started helping people down one of the slick sections. We were about half an hour behind schedule and hoping to finish early enough. Well that didn't happen. Sister Keavali, on of the Fijians here in Meeker slipped and hurt her ankle. We got her down to the flat and I quickly took a look, I pulled out my ankle brace which I'd wisely brought. Then she told me that her quad hurt. ... ... Ooooookkkkaaaayyyy?.... ... somehoiw she hurt her ankle and her quad? then her calf hurt her. Ok so it's her knee that's hurt then. I checked it quickly (Thanks for paying for those first aid classes mom and dad!) I didn't feel anything seriously wrong so I said, "We'll get some snow on it tie it up and then get her off the mountain. Annnnnnnd that's when she started hyperventilating and went into shock. So, we tried our best to calm everyone down and just carry her down the mountain, we sent a few runners ahead to get the rest of the Elders. It was tough carrying her down because the trail was still pretty slick for quite awhile. luckily we ran in to a group of nurses who were hiking up and they helped us out. We made it about half way down when some Paramedics came up. We stayed and then helped them carry her down on a stretcher. long story short we took another three hours to get down and were back to our area very late. She's ok though just a strained muscle and she should be fine.

But I gotta go we've got interviews! I love you all and quick question mom and dad when you get home could you scan and email me my call letter I need it to renew my license.

Con mucho amor,


Elder Rojo 

No comments:

Post a Comment