Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 17 March 2014

Friends going home

December 23

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 81 

Buenos dias a los familiares del Elder Rojo! Aqui estoy en Rifle hoy. Venimos aqui para despedirnos al Elder Jordan. Y que loco tambien a la Hermana Bennet! Ella se fue a Denver con el grupo de algunos missioneros todos quienes mueren manana. Es tan loco que mi jemela de la mision ya se va! 

Good morning to the family of Elder Redd! Here I am today in Rifle. We come here to say goodbye to Elder Jordan. And also crazy to Bennet Sister! She went to Denver with the group of some Missionaries who all die tomorrow. It's so crazy that my jemela the mission and go!

Well it's great to talk to you again family! Well I bring a bit of sad news today, I'm being transferred tomorrow... It's unfortunate, but it's the Lord's will and not mine! But the good news is that I'm pretty darn sure I'm going back to an area that I've served in before! I'll leave you in suspense until next week! 

I also don't have my camera today unfortunately so I'll send pictures some other time. But as to the regard of seeing me, on Christmas for skype what do you want to do? I'll be going to another area so I don't know where I'll be on Christmas or approximately what time, but I'll figure that out and get back to you next week. 

Ok so I need to include a few quick miracle stories. This week we were so blessed. On tuesday we went to work in Craig. We worked our tails off all day but the Lord blessed us with so many people to teach and talk to. We had an amazing lesson with our investigator Carla. We'd taught her very briefly once before in the transfer and hadn't been able to make contact with her for awhile. We went to her house and she let us in to teach! It was a super powerful lesson. She has been so prepared for this Gospel! When we were talking about Prophets just to start off We asked her what a prophet meant to her and she said, "Well I'm not completely sure, but I think that a prophet is a special teacher that God sends to guide his people." After picking our jaws up off the floor We said "Wow that's perfect! And why do you think that Prophets are important?" "Well I think that we all need guidance to get back to God, It's just so hard because there isn't a prophet on the earth today!" "Well the beautiful part of our message is that because God loves us he has called another prophet to lead and guide us. He hasn't left us here, he didn't abandon us. But once again he has sent a man to show us the way back to him." As we taught about Joseph Smith the spirit so strongly testified to all of us that it's true. That is one of my favourite parts of being a missionary, how often our own testimonies are confirmed! 

So long before the transfer call came I had a feeling that I would be released and go to a new area. I wanted to open Craig Spanish as it's own area so bad! But they're opening it with Spanish Sisters... So that makes twice now that I've wanted to open a Spanish area and twice that they've opened it with Sisters... I have five back home and they keep taking my area jajajaj Heavenly Father must be trying to teach me something. 

Well I love you all, I know that this is the Lord's work I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet of God and that through him the Priesthood Power was restored to the earth to bless our families! 

Con mucho amor, 


Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment