Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 17 March 2014

Minus 29°F

December 9


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 80

Buenos dias! Ahora pasamos por mucho frio aqui. Pues no es tanto, mas o menos esta como en Canada. Pero, no podemos manejar por las reglas de la mision, entonces Elder Condie y yo pasamos mucho tiempo caminando! Hacia frio pero nos encanto servir a la gente y quitamos mucho nieve. 

Good morning! Now we go through very cold here. For it is not so, it is more or less like Canada. But we can not manage by the rules of the mission, Elder Condie and then spent some time walking! Charming but cold towards people we serve and remove much snow.
It was a crazy week! We were very busy, but I'd way rather be busy than have nothing to do! As I mentioned earlier, It got pretty cold this week. Wednesday night it dropped to -29! Wednesday morning there was about a foot of snow on the ground. For our morning exercise we went out and shoveled snow for some members, then for their neighbours. Then for random houses that weren't shoveled. It was a lot of fun and some pretty good exercise seeing as how we did it for several hours. Then we parked the car, (Mission rule, we're not allowed to drive if there's snow on the roads) and we walked all over Meeker! We got to serve a lot, and no one got away from us! We OYM'd every person we saw! Some tried, but the advantages of being young is that we can run, slip, fall, and get back up to keep running almost without missing a beat. 

On Saturday we had the ward Christmas party, and man! They went all out in the Meeker Ward. It was Polar Express themed, and the church was converted into a train. Our Bishop was dressed up as a Conductor, and he stamped everyone's tickets. Despite Elder Condie and I not having tickets we were able to get in and enjoy some great food, and of course doing missionary work at ward activities! 

Well not too much happened this last week, we went out and worked our tails off! I know that the Lord blesses the faithful. I know that Jospeh Smith was the Prophet of God to restore the Church of Jesus Christ once more to the Earth! 

Con mucho amor, 


Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment