Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 17 March 2014

Visit from Elder Baxter of the Seventy

October 28

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 74 

Pues que loco que ya estamos en la ultima semana del cambio! Me siento que acabo de llegar a Meeker. Estoy un poco nervioso, pero no voy a pensar en esto nada mas.

Well, we're already crazy in the last week of change! I feel like I just got here to Meeker. I'm a little nervous, but I'm not going to think about it any more.

Well last week was amazing! It was such a privilege to have a seventy come and teach us! I remember back to when Elder Robbyns came to the mission, and Elder Bednar, all of them have been so different, but exactly what I've needed at the time! It was amazing when he trained us, he stood at the front and asked us what we wanted to learn, he took all of the things missionaries asked about and wrote them on the board. Then he started going through them one by one teaching us how to find better, how to better involve members in our missionary work, how to help those we teach keep commitments. It was an amazing experience! It was also hilarious because he's from Scotland so he was constantly making fun of America! He said that they'd destroyed his language and it was just a blast! 

It was really funny at the beginning of the meeting when He and Sister Baxter shook everyone's hands. All of the Sisters were giving Sister Baxter hugs. Elder Merrill, Khaky-Kazzazy and I were sitting next to Elder Gibson and Elder Stephens. I turned to Elder Stephens and said. "All the Sisters are hugging, I'm giving Elder Baxter a hug!" Elder Gibson replied, "No Elder Redd don't do that!" I turned to him and with my little mischievous excited grin that he's so used to nodded my head vigorously and said, "I'm gonna do it!" So when we got up there I said, "Sorry Elder Baxter I'm a hugger!" I gave him a big hug and everyone started laughing. He then said to me, "Since you hugged me I now know everything about you." Well that's a scary thought! 

It was a great week overall but I've got other things that I need to take care of, I lvoe you all and hope you have a great week! 

Con mucho amor, 


Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment