Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 17 March 2014

Back to Denver

December 30

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 83

Buenos dias! Y feliz ano nuevo a todos! Quiero decirles que pase una navidad maravillosa! Me gusto mucho para celebrar con la familia Cardenas y tambien hablarles madre y padre. Pero ahora estoy muy feliz para regresar y hacer la obra misional otra vez!

Good morning! And happy new year to all! I want to say I had a wonderful Christmas! I really liked to celebrate with the Cardenas family and talk to mother and father. But now I am very happy to come back and do missionary work again!

So last week was an awesome week! Christmas was great, in the morning we went caroling at a seniors center and it was awesome to see the spirit come into their lives as we sang. But being Christmas we couldn't just go out and work regularly, so that's why I'm excited for this week.

We saw so many amazing miracles last week I'll recount a few of them:

1. Our investigator Cesar is on date and he came to church for the first time. He's the son of a recent convert, and he wants to be baptized on the 19th of January. He is awesome and just such a miracle. 

2. La familia Cruz is super Golden, we taught them on Saturday, and then invited them to church. Only the wife was able to make it to church, but they all have felt the spirit super strongly and want to be baptized when they knwo it's true! Yesterday we taught them again, and when she said the prayer and asked Heavenly Father to please guide them in the path that he wants them to take. When she did the spirit just came into that room so strongly! 

3. We went to go visit Jesus Rodriguez, the convert who I'd taught when I served here before. He hadn't been to church for a long time, which I was super sad about. As we were teaching another man who lived close by I just felt that we needed to go see him. I was nervous because other missionaries had tried to teach him and he hadn't let them in. but if there's one thing that I've learned it's not to ignore the spirit! So we went to visit him. As we talked he told us that he knows he needs to go back to church he told us about so many experiences that he's had in the last months where he's felt that he needs to return to church and that he knows god is calling him. At the end he promised that he would come to church next Sunday! 

I know that God is a God of miracles. This is his work and his church! I know it beyond a shadow of a doubt. I love being a missionary so much it's the best time of my whole life! 

Con mucho amor, 


Elder Rojo 

No comments:

Post a Comment