Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 17 March 2014

Great Conference, Eh?

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 71 October 6, 2013

Aye cabere! como pasa el tiempo! a mi me parece que esta semana no se occurio! me siento que estaba aqui hace dos minutos mandando el e-mail!

Cabere Aye! as time passes! seems to me that this week is not OCCURRED! I feel that I was here two minutes ago sending the e-mail!

Alright so this week was awesome! what a great conference eh? You'll notice that I have my eh back. That's because I have a Canadian companion now, for the first time in the mission! No, I didn't get transferred and no, Elder Merrill didn't get transferred. We're still serving together and loving every minute of it! The catch is we're also now training a new missionary! Want to know the best part? He speaks absolutely no Spanish! He wasn't called but President is changing his call to be a Spanish missionary. His name's Elder Khaky-Kazzazy, and he's from Toronto. I would include a picture of the three of us, but no time so that'll come next week! But it's awesome!!! I love it so much!! he's a great missionary and learning really quick. Probably the best thing about him is that he has no fear to open his mouth. Both of my other new missionaries that I trained, I had to push a little, but he just talks to everyone even the Spanish people who don't understand him at all!

Well, as I mentioned earlier, I LOVED CONFERENCE SO MUCH!!!!!! That was amazing we spent the whole week telling everyone about the special experience of hearing the voice of a prophet! It was amazing and a lot of people were interested in the concept. Regrettably only about 20% of the people who said they would come, came to church, but that's ok we'll get them next week. And in no way do I mean that in a scary kind of context. It's just that we have the most important, most beautiful message in the whole earth! And everyone needs to hear it and even if they don't want to, we need to try to help them realize and understand all the doctrines of the Gospel!

Ok so I'll give you a quick rundown of the week. Tuesday we went to Rangely, worked there and did our exchanges with the Elders there. I went with Elder Jordan and Elder Mayne-two great missionaries- one getting close to the end who I really love and I can learn so much from, and a greenie who wants to be here, and be a great missionary so bad! We had an amazing day to super productive with some just POWERFUL lessons! we set two of their investigators on date it was awesome! Then Elder Merrill picked me up Wednesday and we drove to Rifle to meet with our Stake President. Then spent the night with Elder Stephens and Elder Gibson, (oh yeah I never mentioned that my last two companions are now serving together in my last area!). Also another thing I never mentioned. remember dad how you told me I had a distant cousin coming to the mission Sister Remington? yeah I was her zone leader for two transfers. totally forgot about that until now!  Anyways then Thursday we had MLC's in Glenwood amazing day then we picked up Elder Khaky-Kazzazy and came back to Meeker... IN A BLIZZARD!!!!! so yeah we got a ton of snow I'll send you pictures next week! then Friday we did exchanges with the Elders in Craig, I went there and had a great day with Elder Drake great missionary! Then conference! It was a super busy week but I loved it so much!!!!!

Ok time for a quick miracle story. On Thursday night we met a man named Nacho, yes it's a nickname. Just at his door we talked to him about prophets and how God had called prophets again on the earth. We told him about conference and invited him to watch it. He said he was working both days so he wouldn't be able to. Good thing they broadcast priesthood session this year! We went by and helped him set it up on his computer so he could watch it in Spanish. Then we said we would come back after and rushed off to watch it with the ward at the church. We came back afterwards with one of the members who speaks Spanish, he opened the door and his computer was still on lds.org "Oh" I thought, "Maybe he actually watched all of it" oooooooh yes he certainly did! We sat down and he started talking about how he'd felt so good watching it and he didn't want it to end, he was asking us questions about the Prophets and how God called them. So we taught him the restoration and set him on date for Oct. 26th. When we invited him he paused for a moment and said, "Will I be ready by then?" testified to him that he could know by then and that we were there to help him every step of the way. Man the spirit almost knocked me out of my chair it was like a Tsunami class wave!! He accepted and then said one of the most heartfelt sincere prayers I've ever heard in my life!

I love this work so much, I absolutely love being a missionary and serving the Lord! I know that this is his true church!

Con mucho amor,


Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment