Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 30 September 2013

Volver a Español (Back to Spanish)


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 70

Buenos tardes a todos! Espero que se encuentran bien y les agradezco por los emails! Siempre es bien para escuchar de la familia! (Good afternoon everyone! I hope you are well and thank you for the emails! It is always good to hear of the family!)

So as I mentioned last week I was transferred on Tuesday. I miss Rifle a little bit, but I love my new area. And of course you wonder where on earth are you serving? Or more accurately where in Colorado are you serving? My new area is drum roll please... ... ... MEEKER SPANISH!!! So go look up on Google maps Meeker Colorado, when you can't find it search Rifle Colorado and then follow highway 13 North until you hit Meeker. I love it so much! My companion Elder Merrill and I, who served in Vail when I was in Frisco, are opening up a Spanish area in a town of 2200 people! It's so awesome and the lord has blessed us so much last week. 

A few specific miracles: On Saturday at about 8:30 we were getting pretty tired, we'd been working hard all that day. (We woke up at 6:00 to go chop wood with the ward, did that for six hours) came home ate lunch and then went out to work! So we'd just gotten out of a lesson and decided to contact a referral before we went home. We stopped by his house and before we could even say anything he said, "Come on in, sit down!" so we taught him about the restoration and it was amazing! I know that the Lord blessed us for giving that last little bit extra! 

Another huge miracle was on Sunday at church. We'd been inviting everyone we met to come to church with us. No one came -____- well it's not too surprising it can be a little hard to get Hispanics to church sometimes. Can I get an Amen Spanish speaking missionaries! (Hopefully that's followed by a loud chorus of Amen's and I'm not just a really bad missionary.) But partway through the Sacrament I look into the foyer and see our investigator Lizeth arriving! We went out and brought her in. She felt the spirit super strong and afterwards said "I feel so good here, I'm going to come every week and bring my sons to." It was such a miracle and I'll let you all know more about it next week! 

I'm sorry, but we have to get our car fixed and a multitude of other things! 

But I love my mission, I know that this church is true, I know without a shadow of a doubt that this is Christ's true church on the earth today! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo


No comments:

Post a Comment