Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Two Kinds of Sheep


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 58

Buenos Dias a Todos! Y Feliz cumpleanos ayer a Brigham! Lo Siento, yo se que casi nunca reconozco los cumpleanos de la familia, pero el dia de su nacimiento es muy dificil para olvidar! Pues espero que todos se encuentran bien!

We had a great week this week. So first off I told you of a few things last week that I need to tell you more about. Firstly I named the belt wrong. It's actually the Captain Canuck Belt, and yes I received it. When assistants stopped in Rifle to drop off the new missionaries and pick up the ones who were leaving our zone one of them, Elder Searle by name, pulled me over to the truck and gave me the belt. Sorry I don't have pictures to send you today, but I will repent and send you some next week.


Also thank you very much for the package Sister! I loved all the pictures but Aye cabere! They've all grown so much!!

So update on last week. As I mentioned I would be playing basketball one on one with Alex, so we got to the church, and we were shooting around a little and just talking. He has great questions! Then we got down to business. One on One, I started out really well, but then I ran out of steam because man I am out of shape! He came back and we were tied up at six. "Ok" I thought to myself, "I'm bigger than him, if I want to win this game all I have to do is get inside." So that's what I did, I went old man and beat him! Unfortunately he had to work on Sunday, so he'll have to come next week, he's also coming to play on Wednesday night when the men of the ward play!

Probably one of the funnest days of the week was Thursday. To celebrate the Fourth of July, Elder Gibson and I woke up at 3:30 to go help a part member family herd their sheep. It was super fun, but I did not realize just how dumb sheep are! You'd think that after the sixth time of running into the solid metal gate and hurting yourself you would learn not to do that, but nooooo, Somehow they think that they'll be able to break through it and avoid the dogs sitting on the other side to herd them up. But it was a ton of fun, I have pictures but I'll send them next week. Then after our early morning expedition and getting thoroughly dirty with the sheep. We went to our ward's 4th of July breakfast. It was awesome because we had a family that we're teaching come. They are a great family, and the Ward was great! All of them were welcoming.

OK so now for a quick miracle story. So last night we were coming home from Newcastle, and on the way back we decided to stop at the Hopes, one of the part member families we're working with. I'll tell you all about the Hopes another time, but they are super awesome! So we stopped by and they invite us in. We also find that there is a young man in the house that we'd never met before. We find out that he is a young man from Sydney Australia hitchhiking from New York to LA. Not because of money or anything, but just because he can. Naturally being the Hopes, they picked him up and brought him home to wash his clothes, get a good meal and sleep. Then drive him to Grand Junction today. (Sound familiar dad?) Once we'd found out who he was the Hopes sat us all down for a lesson, he being new, we taught the restoration. It was one of the best lessons I've taught in quite awhile. And he was so interested and asking the best questions! So naturally he's leaving and making his way to LA today. But it was a real special experience to be able to teach him that. He accepted a book of Mormon and is going to start reading it while on the road!

I love being in the Lord's work. God is a God of Miracles. I know this because I see them every day!

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment