Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

LDS Missionaries: 1 Pastor: 0


It was a great week this week. We saw a lot of great things happen and the Lord bless us for our efforts. Even though we had to drive four hours round trip to Craig Tuesday to do a baptismal interview, and then drive to Debeque that night to drop Elder Searle off. And then drive to Parachute the next morning to do another baptismal interview! So a lot of driving. And that will continue! Wednesday we need to drive to Denver... ... So that will take us out of our area for the whole day. But it's OK we'll live and I know that Lord will bless us and help us to have great days the rest of the week! 

OK story time. So I may or may not have mentioned our investigator Sissy before, but she's awesome. Just so you all know that I am being spoiled I am. We cannot go to Sissy's house without leaving laden with gifts of food and treats. Last night we went by and she not only fed us crepes, but gave us the last several along with cream cheese a jar of homemade jam, whipped cream, a bag of homemade muffins, three bags of powerbar energy bites, and several caramel apple suckers for Elder Gibson. Because I will not be eating those. But she's amazing just one of those people who brightens your day every time you talk to her.

We also got to see a lot of amazing miracles this week. Last night we went to go visit a family we're been teaching. They were all sick. Nearby was a former investigator who said she wanted to get baptized but her mother said she was too young. Well that's not a problem just teach the parents! Apparently the previous missionaries never thought of that, at least according to the teaching record they didn't. We'd been trying to contact her for a while but no one was ever home. We hadn't planned to see her but both Elder Gibson and I felt that we needed to go try. So we went to their house. And they were home! She still wants to get baptized and she was super excited to see the missionaries come to her house again! I love it so much when we are just guided like that! 

Another miracle was when we taught our Investigator John. He's about seventeen and just got baptized into a "Christian Church" I've met so many people on my mission who are "Christian". more on that later. But John is pretty awesome we'd taught him twice the week before. This time we decided to bring one of the Young Men, Weslie. And it was perfect. During the interim since we'd seen him he talked to his pastor and had received some Anti-Mormon literature. Usually when people get that they just stop talking to us. But instead he came to us and said, "My Pastor gave me this and it seems pretty weird I wanted to ask you guys if it was true?" It ended up being perfect that Weslie was there because they knew each other a little but from school and When Weslie spoke John really listened because he knew him and he knew he was normal, unlike us of course. We told him that there were shreds of truth that had been twisted and combined with lies to make us sound like a cult that worshiped Joseph Smith. Which as we all know is FALSE!!!! It was great at the end of the lesson we just read from 3 Nephi chapter 11 with him. He said that he was hungry and he wanted to learn more. He also said it was strange that his pastor had given him anti Mormon literature and it bothered him slightly. 
Church of Jesus Christ of Lattter day Saint Missionaries: 1 Other Pastor: 0

It reminds me of a quote that President Maynes told us once by Brigham Young, "Whenever you try to kick Mormonism, you kick it upstairs." 

I know that this church is true, I would quote the standard of truth right now but unfortunately am running out of time! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment