Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

OYMing



Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 64 

Buenos Dias! Espero que todos se encuentran bien y disfrutan sus ultimos semanas sel verano. hoy es el primer dia de la escuela entonces muchos ya estan estudiando! Quizas sera un poco mas dificil para contactar algunos de las personas a quienes ensenamos, porque estan mas occupados! Pues vamos a ver!

So I did not end up getting transferred, I'm still serving in the Rifle 2nd ward speaking English! I was a little sad at first because I was very excited about the possibility of serving here with Elder Gonzalez, but I'm also very happy because I get to continue working with many of the people in this ward and area! I was sad to see Elder Gibson go, but my new companion is awesome! his name is Elder Stephens, and we are doing great together! We both have the same sense of humor and really are enjoying serving together. 

Ok story time. So this week we had many miracles. On Wednesday we went out and we worked our tails off! We were trying all kinds of people, and when they weren't home or wouldn't answer we would try their neighbors. Probably one of the hardest working days of my mission. It was hot and we spent a lot of time walking. We met some very rude people, and didn't really get anywhere. But it was awesome! So on Thursday we went out and we worked even harder! And we saw so many miracles! We taught seven lessons that day, we were busy teaching the whole day! In the late afternoon right before we went to dinner we saw a man walk out of his house across the corner. We decided to go try and OYM him. When we started talking to him he was civil, but said he knew all about the Mormons. We started talking to him, and found out he'd read some of the book of Mormon before. He said it was a load of horse crap... So definitely not the best start. But as we talked with him and testified the Spirit softened his heart and when we left he was excited to read more of the Book of Mormon and we're going back to see him tonight! One of our other miracles that night was when we went to go teach at one of our members homes. He'd told us about one of his co-workers before and said he would invite her to talk to us. We followed up with him on Sunday, and he then talked to her on Monday. So we taught her Thursday and it was such a powerful lesson! I know that the Lord blessed us for our hard work and perseverance. I love being a missionary so much! 

Well I gotta get running but I love you all! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo.


No comments:

Post a Comment