Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

New Mission President!


Bueno! Como estan todos? Yo estoy muy bien por aqui, tuvimos una semana marravillosa! estoy muy animado por esta area y todas las cosas que vamos a hacer por aqui! 

So as I mentioned we had a great week here in Colorado! Elder Gibson and I worked really hard and we saw miracles! I love seeing miracles in this work it is the best thing ever!

So It was awesome this week because we got to meet President Murdock! On Thursday, he came and talked to two of the districts in our zone. He is awesome! I really miss President Maynes, but President Murdock is amazing! I remember just a few weeks ago when we were at MLC's the first counselor in our mission presidency, President Chesney, said that the change of Presidents that he had been through was night and day. But it was a good change because the Lord's hand was in it. The change from President Maynes to President Murdock definitely was night and day. When we first sat down and they came in Sister Murdock spoke about their family and she spent a lot of time making fun of President Murdock. Then President Murdock got up and starting making fun of Sister Murdock. It was hilarious one of the funniest things he said went something like this:

So of all the things back in Bountiful that Sister Murdock will miss the most, all of our grandchildren, our children, etc. Do you know what Sister Murdock will miss the most? Every Morning between 8 and 10:30, Sister Murdock gets in the car and drives down to this restaurant, Pace's, and she gets a cheeseburger then she'll eat another one later in the afternoon. Sometimes she'll get fries, but I swear that's all she ever eats. She eats nothing but cheeseburgers and she eats 2 a day! When we're traveling we'll be in all these fantastic places with wonderful food, France, Italy, and do you know where she wants to go? She goes to McDonalds! She hates McDonalds back home, because Paces's is so much better, but whenever we're gone she gets a cheeseburger from McDonalds. 

Sister Murdock is super skinny, and the way President Murdock told the story it was hilarious! Then he said, "Ok I guess I should stop teasing Sister Murdock and actually teach some doctrine." And then he proceeded to deliver an incredible spiritual training that was just great. 

Anyway I love President Murdock already, and I'm very excited to be working with him. WE had a great week and I'll tell you more about it later for now I need to go! 

Con Mucho Amor, 

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment