Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Magnificent Day in Silt!


Que Magnifico el dia aqui en Silt Colorado! No tengo mucho que hacer hoy entonces estoy animado a descansar un poco y disfrutar el sol. Hoy por nuestro estudios Elder Gibson y yo fuimos por afuera y estudiamos en el cesped. Me encanto escuchar a los pajaros y sentir el sol mietnras estudiaba el Evangelio!

It was a great week down here. We worked super hard, and it was fantastic. We had our MLC's on Thursday so we went up to Frisco and had a great day with President and Sister Murdock. I love President Murdock he is awesome! He taught us so many wonderful things that will really help us raise the mission and make it better. It's just been amazing this week to see the results of our hard work. Elder Gibson and I are both very excited because just recently the Ward had a family move back into the ward who'd been gone, and when they were gone they weren't active. Now they're back, and their nine year old son wants to be baptized! It's a miracle because we've been working hard but unable to get many people closer to baptism. Then the Bishop came and spoke to us of another family in the ward who have a nine year old son who wants to be baptized! So we have been blessed for our hard work and are very excited to start working with these two boys.

Another awesome story is that of a new investigator we picked up this week. She's had a really rough life. The first time we talked to her she said that she didn't believe in God and she didn't think she could. We talked with her and testified that God is our loving Heavenly Father. At the end of our first visit she said. "I don't believe in God, but I'm happy to listen to you." We set up a time to come back. It was amazing to see how the spirit touched her heart and opened her up to hear our message. As we taught her about the Book of Mormon and how she could come to know that our Father in Heaven is real and loves her she was so excited to start reading it. It's been such a change since that first time we talked to her and she said she didn't believe in God. Now she's accepted an invitation to be baptized and really progressing!

OK so one quick story from last Monday night. We were heading back to our truck to get to an appointment. And right before we got in a man came out of his house next door to where we'd been looking for a former investigator. I felt the spirit so strongly tell me that I needed to go talk to him. So we did. I juist testified to him that our Saviour is real and he has a plan for us. The Spirit was so strong. I love when the spirit prompts us to say things. I love listening to the spirit and doing this work the Lord's way!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Rojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment