Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

"Why would He do that?" asked Jessica


Anyways we had a great week this week. And when I say great I mean GRREEAAT!!! Like Tony the Tiger status. No I did not eat any frosted flakes. But! we found four new investigators this week! That's the highest total that Elder Gibson and I have had together. We also hit 20 lessons for the first time since I got here which was really nice. And we so many people come to church!! It was great to be hitting the standards of excellence.

So On Wednesday we had our zone training meeting. Any of you who don't know what that is apparently it's only been around for a year or two. Every month the whole zone meets and the zone Leaders train on stuff. It was amazing first off because our zone is so dang big (biggest zone in the entire mission if you want go on LDS.org and look up the boundaries for the Meeker Colorado stake. So we had to get all our missionaries to drive to Meeker which is the most central location. It was awesome we set zone goals, and everyone accepted them. It was great to see so many of the missionaries try hard and get closer or even reach those goals this last week! I remember when I got up to give my training, I was training on setting people on date. I had a plan and everything. I got up there and felt the Spirit say, “Nope don't train like that start with this.” So I did -I just followed the spirit and I felt so good about the training! I loved it and it was just so amazing to feel the spirit guiding me. I was super excited about it the whole time so Elder Rollins was joking with me on the way home. He said it was a great training though so I hope he didn't lie to me. Probably not, he's pretty straight forward. Well, we both are that's why we got along so well together. 

Anyways now let me tell you about some awesome miracles this week. We were teaching our investigator Jessica on Tuesday. We taught the plan of Salvation. When we teach we use the pamphlets as a visual a lot. We hold it and talk about the pictures to illustrate principles and read selected portions of the text with them. It's so awesome to keep everyone (especially me) focused and still follow the spirit to teach powerful lessons. But we were talking about the atonement, and she stopped us and asked "Why would he do that?" Elder Gibson and I both testified of the love of our Savior. It was damp in there from the spirit- she started crying. I started crying. Everyone there was just feeling it! It was amazing to have that experience and really receive another witness of the Atonement and Jesus Christ.

The other miracle of the week is our new investigator Ben. So on Monday night we ate dinner with our ward mission leader, and he's telling us about this family that just moved back into the ward. They'd been baptized about three years ago and then moved to Wisconsin were they became less active. When they arrived they went to his house to visit as they were friends. They talked to him about how they wanted to come back to church and their nine year old son Ben, wants to het Baptized! We met them all yesterday and they’re a great family. The Lord is blessing us for our hard work and we're seeing miracles! 

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, I know that this is his church! We're all in his work and it's the greatest work of all time! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment