Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

3 hours?



Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 63

Buenos dias! Estoy en la biblioteca temprano hoy! Es muy bien de escuchar de muchos esta semana! Pues tan rapido pasa el tiempo! me siento que a penas de empezar el cambio hace dos dias! Pero ya se termino! Manana recibire un nuevo companero y quizas voy a abrir una area de Espanol aqui en Silt y Newcastle! Pero vamos a ver esta noche que pasa...

I hope you're all doing great back home! Because I'm doing just fantastic here in Rifle! It's so crazy that the transfer's already over! There is a ton of movement in the zone, so it's going to be crazy! But really what else is new. 

So as I mentioned last week, on Wednesday we had to drive down to Denver for our Mission Leadership conference. It was Awesome President Murdock is amazing! He is so inspiring when he speaks about the future of our mission and what he wants to see happen here. It was cool to go back to Denver, but we didn't get to leave until the next morning because President Murdock wanted all the out west Zone Leaders to stay the night there at the mission home. It was super weird being there again, because that's where I spent my first night in the mission when I came in (About two months ago) Elder Gibson and I were a little worried about how that would affect our week, being gone from our area for a day and a half, but the Lord blessed us and we had a great week! 


Yesterday we went early to wake our investigator Joe up so he would come to church. We also made him "EFT's" (Emergency French Toast) as he calls it. He got up showered got dressed and ate breakfast. Then as we were driving to church Elder Gibson said. 

EG: You do know that church is three hours right? 

J: Wait what? 

ER: Church is three hours. It's awesome you'll love it! 

J: ... ... ... 

I looked back to make sure he was still alive, and the look on his face was priceless! his jaw was dropped and he had this look of betrayal and shock on his face. you'd think we pulled some sort of crazy line like "Joe. I  AM your father!!!!!!" Which we didn't of course because we're only a few years older than him. But it worked out great Joe ended up loving church! Turns out he's related to one of our members and his family is good friends with some more members so they all took good care of him and did a great job of fellowshipping him. 


Well, I need to get running, I do a lot of that now, all I ever really do is run around but I love it! 

I know that this is the true church! I know that Jesus Christ is our Saviour! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment