Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 17 March 2014

Teaching a Canadian


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 90 

Buenos dia de familia alla en Canada! Ojala que ya saben que ayer fue el dia de los presidentes aqui en los estados unidos entonces estaban cerradas las bibliotecas. Por esto les escribo hoy. 

Man what a week! It was crazy and hectic as normal but it was just awesome! I love serving here in the Grand Junction 12th ward! It's really interesting because we do technically cover 4 stakes given we don't want to take 8 hours out of our day to drive up to Steamboat Springs and back, but if we really wanted to we could easily go back to some of my old areas! Which ofcourse we won't do, you know how I feel about time wasting! 

So last week we were so blessed with some incredible miracles! It was a little bit of a tougher week, Elder Hale got sick, and passed it to Elder McGee and I, but we just powered through it and went to work anyways. On Friday we were all super exhausted. After weekly planning we decided to walk to a nearby appointment. On the way over we OYMed a girl named Tia. She was from Kamloops which was cool to meet someone from Canada, and in here own words, "Very Catholic". She was friendly enough to talk with us, but at first really wasn't too interested in the Gospel, then she aksed a few questions which led into an awesome lesson on the street about the Restoration! Possibly the coolest moment was when she asked, 

T: Why don't you believe in the Resurrection? 

EM: We actually do believe in the resurrection.

T: Oh I thought you didn't. So why don't you wear crosses then? 

ER: Well we actually prefer to focus on the resurrection rather than the death of Jesus Christ, and the Cross is the symbol of his death. 

T: Wow that's a really good point. Now that I do think about why do we wear crosses? WHy do we celebrate his death, that's really not the part that matters.

It was so awesome, as we'd talked about the restoration she felt the spirit I know she did she started asking even better questions like: "What if Jesus Christ created your church to get rid of all the fake religions that are in the world today?" "Well the way you can know if he did or not is through the book of Mormon." It was such an incredible experience she accepted a soft baptismal invite right there on the street and promised to read the Book of Mormon. 

Everything's just great I love being a missionary so much. Just so you all know, I've been doing really well health wise. Those of you who sent me some ridiculously large pants for Christmas (Cough Fixsens Cough) (I love them though they're super comfy) I I actually needed to aqcuire a new belt because the other one I had was too big. We do P90X about 3 days a week. It's awesome! 

I know that this church is true the mission field is the place that the Lord wants all of his children to spend atleast some time. I would never trade the experiences I've had and the lessons I've learned on my mission for anything. Most importantly though is how much closer I've come to our Saviour Jesus Christ. I know that he lives! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo 

No comments:

Post a Comment