Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 17 March 2014

Miracles yes, Skiing-not interested


March 10

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 93

Buenos Dias! Hoy me siento muy bien y animado, tambien hay un poco de tristeza pero es la voluntad del Senor entonces estoy bien. El elder Hale se va a cambiar, pero Elder McGee y yo nos quedamos! Tenia un poco de miedo por las transferencias, pero no mas! Estoy muy emocionado para servir aqui en el barrio de los solteros, por lo menos, una transferencia mas! 

It was great to hear from all of you, as always I love to hear from people! Except Dad please the ski talk is not helping! I love you and I know you love skiing, but could we talk about it later? 

Ok I don't know what to say other than just to tell you miracle stories. 

1. Working with Less Actives is the best! On Friday we went to visit a guy named Jacob. We taught him and his roommate Fernando that night It was a really powerful lesson because Jacob would bear his testimony to his roommate of the things we were teaching. It was just powerful. We went and made them both breakfast yesterday to get them up and to church. Unfortunately Fernando had to work, so he only got breakfast. but after church we talked to Jacob to confirm our appointment for tonight. we talked about how we'd see them at six then he asked about FHE at seven. "Could I invite him to that?" "YES absolutely you could!" "Ok so you guys come at six teach us a lesson and then I'll bring him to FHE right after." Fernando has a built in fellowshiper and friend in the ward! 

2. Following the spirit is the way to go! On Saturday we went to contact a referral. But the address didn't exist. =( We prayed and then decided to knock a few doors in the area just to try and see if we could find him. As we walked the first people we talked to walking out of a house, we asked them, "Hey do you know Richard?" That would be me." One of them replies so we taught him and his father right there. 

I know that this is God's church. I know that He guides our lives through the Spirit! listening to what it tells us will bless our lives more than we can possibly imagine! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo


No comments:

Post a Comment