Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 17 March 2014

Miracles in Craig

November 18

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 77

Buenos dias a todos! Que raro, que les cuneto una historia bien interesante. Y nadie me manda un email de regreso. Esta bien puedo vewr que me han olvidado aqui en Colorado. Es bueno este porque nunca voy a salir de Aqui voy a server en la mission por todo mi vida!

Good morning to all! Funny, that cuneto them a very interesting story. And no one sent me an email back. Okay I can see that I have been forgotten here in Colorado. This is good because I'll never get out of Mercer. I will serve a mission all my life!

Well we had a super crazy week last week so Elder Condie and I are just taking a nice relaxing P-day. FALSE!!!! There's no such thing as a nice relaxing P-day! We still have lots of things to do like finish cleaning our apartment and getting ready for our zone meeting on Wednesday, not to mention be ready for Elder Searle to come on exchanges with us!

Anyways last week was crazy as I mentioned in the email I sent Wednesday and earlier. Monday was the hanging lake ordeal, Tuesday we did exchanges, Wednesday we had interviews with President Murdock and then drove to Craig to do some work up there, I'll be telling a few miracle stories, because it was an AMAZING day up there. Wednesday night we had to drive down to Rifle where we spent the night with Elder Gibson and Elder Barfield, then MLC's the next day in Glenwood. Friday we went to Rangeley. And then Finally! Saturday and Sunday we had two somewhat normal days here in Meeker.

So first off let me tell you about some of our Craig miracles. We went to see some investigators, and we decided to park down the street giving us a chance to OYM some people. We parked next to a house and prayed for an opportunity to share the gospel with someone. As we got out of the car someone pulled up to the house where we had parked. Perfect! So we went and talked to her, she let us into her home and we taught her and her son the Restoration. It was such a powerful lesson, the spirit was incredibly strong and she accepted a baptismal invite. Later that night we went to see Los Pando a family that we'd met and taught a few weeks earlier. As we picked up where we'd left off in the Restoration, the thought came to me, oh no we don't have a Spanish book of Mormon to give them! as we'd already given away the copies we had with us. The thought came to me "Give them yours, and write your testimony in it." So I did as Elder Condie would teach I would take a minute to write my testimony on the first page. When we finished the lesson and testified of the book of Mormon I gave them my copy. At first they insisted that they couldn't take my copy, after explaining that I wanted them to and had written something just for them, they humbly accepted it and promised to read. Bernardo, the husband was so excited to have his own copy and was asking us about church what time it is and everything!

Well I'm going to wrap up there, I could never even begin to write all the miracles we see in a week. I know that our Father in Heaven is a God of Miracles, I know that this is his work and that he is hastening it. I know that this is his true church once again restored onto the earth!

Con mucho amor,


Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment