Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 17 March 2014

Raul to the Rescue

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 72 October 13, 2013

Yo veo como esta. Me piden me molestan tanto para escribir mas. Escribo el email las largo que he mandado por meses... Y nadie me mandan nada de atras! Que pasa con este ah? no me quieren? Me han olvidado aqui en Colorado? Jajaja yo se que no esta asi, solo queria decir algo differente en espanol, y ni sabia que decirles! Les quiero!

I see it like this. I ask both annoy me to write more. I write the email that I sent along for months ... And no one sent me anything back! What about this ah? I do not want? I have forgotten here in Colorado? Hahaha I know that is not so, just wanted to say something differente in Spanish, and not wise to tell them! I love them!

Alright so we had an awesome week last week! It was just fantastic, super busy but just a phenomenal week! It was filled with many miracles which I will write more on later!

First off thank you so much to Sister, for helping me with all of the crazy stuff I've had to deal with. I do greatly appreciate your help.

So one of my favourite events of the week was our zone training meeting. Most of the missionaries there have been in a zone with me for at least a transfer, and I think word is starting to spread about the crazy trainings I give. I just really feel like in a three hour meeting where we talk about all of these things someone needs to liven things up and be the comic relief. So that's me. Whenever I train I just get all crazy, I just get so excited about the things I'm training on! And start talking super fast! I always have to slow down and breath for a minute before I hyperventilate. It's crazy and they laugh, but I hope that they take something from it and remember the overall arching message that I try to deliver to them. I also really liked it because I got to train on something different. I've given five trainings on finding in the last 2 transfers. I love finding and I love to help other missionaries love it, but I was getting a little fed up. So this time I got to train on lighting ourselves on fire! No we didn't use matches or set fire to the church I'm talking about spiritual and emotional fire! Being so excited and fired up about missionarry work that we don't get tired or sad because we don't have time. When we truly engage ourselves in the work nothing else matters because we love the Lord and we're in his work so why should we care if people reject us or swear at us or throw rocks at us, because they need this!

Yeah I'm excited about it right now! I just love being a missionary, I love to run up and talk to people about this amazing message! Because it is so amazing, and they need it!

Anyways I'll settle down now and finish my email.
  
So a few of the awesome miracles we had. First off a super spiritual experience that is kinda funny. So we went to see our Investigator Raul, he's an amazing man. We went and he was working in his backyard, building a shed. He had a friend there who was just hammered. Usually I try to avoid talking to drunk people because they can't feel the spirit and they usually just end up getting aggressive. So we helped him finish up what Raul was doing so we could go inside and have a lesson. Unfortunately the drunk guy came in to. He started bashing, telling us all about how our church is wrong and telling us what we believe. Most of what he said wasn't true at all. I wasn't saying much, I really don't like bashing. Then he quoted John 3:16 and said that's all we need because we are saved by Christ’s grace. The spirit came to me super strong, and it said, "No he's wrong. Tell him that." So I flipped over to John 3:5, and explained that we needed to be baptized. He said that he didn't really believe that scripture. We told him that you can't just discredit scripture because you don't like it. He stood up and I thought he was about to hit one of my companions. I pushed my scriptures to the side incase I needed to get up and intervene. He went off on all these weird examples proving that we don't need to be baptized. I've never felt the spirit guide my words like that I spoke super boldly with him and just linked scriptures in ways that I've never linked them before. It was 100% by the spririt, 200% even (jaja The district reference) I wasn't speaking when I said those things. That was the Holy Ghost! Raul actually came to our defense and told him in his broken English. "These guys come from God. They are my friends. you don't tell them to leave, because they come here and they help me!" It was such an amazing experience!
  
There were just so many miracles, we found so many prepared people. I know that the Lord is blessing us for all of our hard work!

I know that this church is true and the Jesus Christ is our Saviour! He has put us on the earth at this time to perform his work!

Con mucho amor,


Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment