Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 7 April 2014

Peter Wimpy? Nah!

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 95

Buenos Dias! Hoy vamos a subir una montana entonces me falta un poco el tiempo y por esto vamos a hacer algo un poco differente. 

Wow last week was pretty interesting! Not a ton of crazy or cool stories other than that I pulled a muscle in my neck, but I'm completely fine now! We had a very exciting and inspiring MLC's Thursday that got me super pumped! When during the meeting I commented that if we want to see all these miracles all we need to do is stop being wimpy with our invitations, our how to begin teaching, our finding etc. Then I mentioned a few examples in our area of how we'd been wimpy. Then President Murdock said, "Elder Redd I don't think you could ever be wimpy." I'm kind of known as the crazy person of the mission. But in a good way! 

So quick funny awesome story explaining one of the pictures. On Wednesday Gabe, one of my favourite people in the whole world took us out for dinner. We went to a restaurant called Genghis Grill. It's a Mongolian grill where you pile a bowl up as high as you can with meat and other stuff and then they fry it up for you. As you all know I love challenges and I love food! So this is what I did. Starting with a base layer of squishy meats like chicken breast and marinated steak tips, then piling on top some of the harder meats like pork and crab, then I filled in the cracks with more chicken and flattened that all out with pepperoni slices at the brim of the bowl. Then I lined the edge of the bowl with snow peas to make it bigger! threw some spices in and then more meat, green onions cilantro and peppers. All that with some delicious peanut sauce and hot sauce fried over yummy noodles. Gabe took a picture of my bowl before it was cooked and uploaded it to facebook. we got several likes before even finishing dinner. To put it in perspective that bowl with it all cooked was about the size of that one pasta serving bowl we have at home. Yeah it fed me for two days afterward as well. We went running with Gabe the next morning to work it off. 

Alright so quick miracle story. On Tuesday we met up at the institute with a young man named Dustin. He's dating a member and came to church the Sunday before, and then we set up to teach him Tuesday. It was a little interesting because he wasn't supoer comfortable with a traditional sit down lesson. So we taught him over pool! It was incredible to see how the spirit worked and we ended spending way more time just talking than we did shooting pool! He really opened up and it was just incredible! 

But as I said earlier we are going hiking today so I gotta wrap it up! 

I know that God created this beautiful earth for us to come and find joy in the beauty that surrounds us I know that he loves us and wants us to be happy! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo



I climbed a tree to watch for an investigator that we were waiting for. (Editor- This reminds me of Jeremiah 16:16 Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.)
Yeah already told that story

No comments:

Post a Comment