Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 7 April 2014

MLC, Zone Conference and General Conference in ONE Week

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo Capitulo 97

Que maravillosa la Conferencia General! Aunque no recibi mi extension ya. Me encanto todos los discursos. Para mi algunos favoritos: Lo del Elder Holland, y del Elder Nelson. Me encanta escuchar del profeta y los apostoles vivientes! 

What a wonderful General Conference! Although I did not receive my extension already. I loved all the speeches. To my few favorites: The Elder Holland and Elder Nelson. I love to hear the living prophet and apostles!

Time crunch as always so I'll have to be brief. We had an amazing but super busy week! We were blessed to see some incredible miracles in the work. Tuesday we drove up to Frisco for our mission wide MLC's It was great to see some mission buddies serving as Leaders on the other side of the mountains. I especially enjoyed seeing Elder Merrill again! We woke up at 4 to drive up there. I drove on the way up and it was a beautiful drive through the Mountains in the early morning. AT the MLC's we counselled on some great things the most important being our goal to Baptize 100 precious souls a month! It was an incredible counsel as we set goals on the preliminary steps leading to this great goal of the Lords for our mission at this time. I also forever cemented my place as the outspoken, mood lightening, Zone Leader. 

Here's a few snipits of the conversations held: 

(While talking about why missionaries don't drop investigators) 

Sister Murdock: It's because they love them! Look at all those Sisters (indicating all 14 of the Sister Training Leaders) They love their investigators so much! 

Elder Redd: Man, Sister Murdock we love our investigators to! 

SM: No you don't it's not the same. 

ER: I dunno we make cake and brownies for our investigators a lot! (followed by a perfectly synchronized high five between Elder McGee and I) 

I love Sister Murdock so much she's just an awesome little fireball and she always jokes back with me at MLC's. But in all honesty it's probably true Sisters do have an incredible capacity for love that I still don't really understand. 

Or this one with President: 

President: But how many families are all at home at 4 PM? 

Elder Redd: In Grand Junction you'd be surprised. It's a pretty weird place. 

P: Really? Do you not like Grand Junction? 

ER: No I love it I fit right in. 

My opinion on MLC's is that someone needs to lighten the mood we all sit down there for so long and it can even get a little heated sometimes. So I love making the left field comments to have everyone laugh a little bit. 

We also had Zone Conference Thursday and that was awesome! Two of the Murdocks sons came and spoke on their missions. And the Assistants gave such an incredible training on the title of Liberty. To conclude the training we all signed our new mission flag making a covenant as did the Nephites. 

I don't have time to write a fraction of the miracles that we see on a daily basis or really any of them today. But I want you all to know that we are so blessed in our missionary service! 

I know that Jesus Christ lives, he is our Saviour and Redeemer. He has called prophets and Apostles to lead and guide his church on the earth today! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment