Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 25 May 2014

What is it with missionaries and eating??

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 98

Buenos Dias! Ojala que se encuentren bien hoy. Estoy muy feliz porque es un dia muy bonito aqui en Grand Junction!  La clima es bien rica, vamos a jugar deportes. Ibamos a subir el Monte Garfield pero se cayo muhca lluvia ayer y por esto no quieren la mayoria de la zona. Entonces lotr dia lo vamos a subir. 

Good Morning! Hopefully you are well today. I am very happy because it's a nice day here in Grand Junction! The good weather is rich, let's play sports. We were going to climb Mount Garfield but MUCH rain fell yesterday and thus most of the area do not want. Then another day we will climb.


This week was pretty awesome we saw a lot of miracles and just great things happen in our missionary labours. We also had a ton of fun! First off I'll explain the story behind the pictures. so there is a restaurant in Grand Junction called Dos Hombres. And they have a burrito challenge that they call the Ghost buster. It's a 2.5 pound burrito covered in Ghost Chili that comes steaming hot out of the oven and you need to eat it in 30 minutes without puking or eating anything with a basic pH to make it easier-that means no sour cream, no Guacamole, no milk, just water. Elder McGee had already done it before I served with him and he completed the challenge in 6 minutes. With how competitive we both are I told him I would beat him and we started a smack talk that has been going on for two months now. After emailing last week we talked to some elders from the other zone and they told us that they were doing it. I wasn't prepared at all, I'd eaten a pretty big breakfast and I hadn't been eating anything really spicy for a while but I decided to go for it anyway. That was the most fun I've ever had while being miserable in my life! That's a picture of Elder Koyle, Elder Curran, Elder Milner (from Calgary actually) and I after completing the burrito and winning our T-shirts. Elder Merrill finished it too, but he was puking when we took the picture. 

Alright, now to the actual important stuff. I don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but at Zone conference President Murdock gave us a survey door and OYMing approach. And it's so much fun! 

On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Yates, he's a great missionary and I really love him. We parked the car and spent most of the day walking to appointments and OYMing along the way. The survey approach is so bold and it's so fun! After we explain the survey we ask "May we step in?" and step forward just assuming to get in. The rest of it pretty much follows-we sit ourselves right down in their house and after the survey just go straight into teaching! We saw some incredible experiences and success from it so far! On Thursday we had Zone meeting and we made breakfast for the zone again. We were much more prepared this time and we didn't burn through any cookie sheets. Also the Sister Training Leaders helped and that was awesome. Saturday I went on exchanges with Elder Yee, and that's when we were on bikes. I loved being outside the whole time and having so many opportunities to Open My Mouth! Also that day we had dinner with a family, and the husband was from Cardston. Brother Pitcher, is that someone who we're distantly related to dad? 

Update on our miracle of the month. We taught him Thursday and he's still reading the book of Mormon and loving it! It was such a powerful lesson on the Gospel. He came to church again and is really enjoying church and making friends there. He's come to several activities and the Members are really doing a fantastic job fellow shipping him. I know that the Lord blesses us with miracles everyday we just need to look hard enough to see that his hand is always present in our lives. I know that Jesus Christ lives and guides this church through a living prophet Thomas S. Monson. 

Con mucho amor, 


Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment