Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 25 May 2014

Peter's in DENIAL!!! psst (quiet whisper) "The Day That Shall Not Be Named is June 4"

May 5, 2014
Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 101

Que maravillosa la semana! tengo tantas cosas para decirles pero me falta el tiempo! Vamos a hacer un hike hoy, y tenemos mucho que hacer! 

First and foremost! I know that I'm getting close to the day that shall not be named, and I'm glad you love me, but if you mention how soon you're going to see me and all that YOU WILL BE BLOCKED AND SENT TO SPAM MAIL!!!!!!! Ok I really don't want to think about that at all, I know there're things that I need to take care of but that will come later. Just please don't talk about the day that shall not be named! 

Two quick stories: Wednesday as I think you know was my birthday, we had MLC's that day and somehow they all knew it was my birthday so they all made a big deal out of it and yes I had a great birthday. I was hoping to just not think about it at all, but none of the other leaders would let that happen. Anyways it was such a great day and I learned so much from it! 

And a huge miracle story. We've been teaching J for about a month now and he's been coming to everything! Church, activities, FHE you name it and he's there! He backed out of his original baptismal date and was somewhat hesitant on it still. Elder McGee and I both prayed about it and felt impressed that we needed to invite him to be baptized on May 17th. We taught him Thursday and talked about it then, he was still hesitant. We invited him to a baptismal service yesterday and asked him to pray and listen to the spirit as he witnessed someone else make this sacred covenant. We both fasted for him and asked the zone and his fellowshippers to join us in the fast. When we taught him after the service he said, "I'm not quite sure, but I think it's about time that I take a leap of faith." He accepted and is working towards the 17th! I'm so grateful that I get to be atleast a small part of this incredible man's conversion. I know that God is a God of Miracles and that he blesses us for our sacrifice! 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment