Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 25 May 2014

Missionaries' Favorite Picture

May 19, 2014
Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 103 

Que maravillosa la semana! Me encanta ser misionero por el Senor! especialmente en esta espoca en que la obra esta creciendo! Ya como muestra la foto eramos bendecidos para participar en un bautismop el la Conversion de J! What a wonderful week! I love being a missionary for the Lord! especially at this time when the work is growing! Now as the photo shows we were blessed to participate in a baptism on the Conversion of J!

I am just bouncing off of the walls right now! J got Baptized and it was such an amazing experience! It didn't go off perfectly though let me tell you! It all started Saturday Morning when our ward mission leader asked us to fill the font. Doesn't sound too bad does it only issue was that the baptism was in an hour and a half. So we went down there only to find that we didn't actually have a key to the font. fortunately there were members there that had been cleaning the stake center for stake conference the next day, and they informed us that the door through the women's change room was open. So we ran through and opened the men's side and began looking for the faucet controls... And we couldn't figure out how to fill it, so we called everyone we could think of until finally we got a hold of one of the other ward mission leaders in our stake who explained to us how to fill the font. He also explained that with the time available to us we would quickly run out of hat water and the font would be rather cold. So trying to ensure that J and H didn't get hypothermia we boiled water in the kitchen with the three biggest pots I have ever seen in my life. It all turned out the font was filled and not freezing. Everything was perfect... Until during the service we heard the font draining. Elder McGee had to jump in the water and plug the drain with his toe until they were actually ready to go perform the ordinance. The adversary did everything he could to stop J from being baptized but the work of the Lord cannot be stopped! After J bore his testimony and said that he knows baptism is only a first step and that he wants o continue to make more! Later that day we taught in his home about receiving the priesthood and he told us that he wants to serve a mission! I have been so blessed to be even such a small part of his conversion! 

That was by far the most exciting part of the week we had a lot of other great things happen miracles and opposition I love it! When people yell at us or try to bash us, when they call us names and throw things at us it just makes me say, "Man this must be true!" I know that the the Lord's work is hastening nothing can stop it at this time because he is at the head of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo 

No comments:

Post a Comment