Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 25 May 2014

Living and Dying in Grand Junction

April 21, 2014
Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 99

Tengo noticias de mucho animo! Elder McGee y yo nos quedamos una transferencia mas!!!!! Estoy muy feliz servir aqui en Grand Juntion con el. Es un missionero muy bueno y vamos a tener mucho exito, lo puedo sentir! 

I have news for much encouragement! Elder McGee and I stayed a transfer more!! I am very happy to serve here in Grand Juntion withhim. Is a very good missionary and will have much success, I can feel it!

So yes I'm very excited! We got to see a lot of miracles this week, and I can't wait to keep working even harder and see more! One of my favourites was that of X. X is an amazing man he's less active and we've been working with him since we first got here. He disappeared for a little while until last Saturday when we stopped by his place and found him. This week we had two incredibly powerful lessons with him and he's taken some huge strides! The other is C, one day when we were teaching him he said, "Something’s changed and I don't really know what, but I have to read the Book of Mormon! I have to pray and I have to go to church. It's no longer just something that I just do, but I really need to do it!". Too true, too true. 

Another was M, he was a referral from some other elders and we set up an appointment with him for Wednesday at 10. When we went to teach him he was so excited! He has a friend leaving on a mission tomorrow and he finally decided to accept his friend’s invitation and investigate the church! He really wants to learn and he practically already has a testimony! At the end of the lesson we challenged him to read the book of Mormon and he said, "I like how you challenge me to do it, a lot of times I forget, but now that you've challenged me to do it I'm really gonna do it." It's just so amazing to see the hand of the Lord in this work. He has so many people prepared for his gospel, and if we want to find them we just need to be obedient, go out there and work! 

Yesterday we had a very special experience. One of our members, Jake, invited us to come with him to take the Sacrament to Josh, another member who's in a wheelchair. I don't think I can ever describe the feeling I felt as I raised the bread to his mouth for him. It's made me rethink my whole perspective on the Sacrament and the Atonement in general. I'm so grateful that the Lord gave us that opportunity. 

I know that Jesus Christ is our lord and Saviour. He died for all of us, and then rose the third day conquering death and making it possible for us to do the same. He lives today and guides this church through revelation! 

Con mucho amor,


Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment