Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 25 May 2014

Spiritual growth

April 28, 2014
Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 100

Que ocupado la semana! Con todo que hicimos me siento que estaba aqui en la biblioteca ayer no hace una semana! Es tan loco cuan rapido vuela el tiempo en el servicio del Senor!  That busy week! However, I feel I was here in the library yesterday not a week ago! It is so crazy how fast time flies in the service of the Lord!

Man it was a crazy week, between transfers and several other emergencies it kept us BUSY!!!! thankfully though due to the blessings of the Lord we were still able to have a great week.WE had to do an emergency exchange with the Spanish Elders here in Grand Junction because I am the only other Spanish missionary in the City, So I spent Wednesday in a Spanish area again for a day. It felt good to be preaching in Spanish again, but I missed the Young Single Adults. I truly love the ward here and all those we teach. The work continues to progress at a furious rate! 

Sunday was a huge miracle! We've really been trying to put an emphasis on helping everyone come to church. For our first 10 weeks in the area we couldn't for the life of us get anyone to come and feel the spirit in church. That last few weeks things have picked up slightly. Yesterday we had four people join us in our worship of the Saviour. I also gave a talk that I'd prepared that morning and it went off pretty well so miracle number two! We had a great day just getting out there and working. To finish the night off we taught J, someone who'd been at church. We finished teaching the Restoration, and it was incredible to feel the spirit in that lesson. I feel like I'm so much more spiritually in tune then I've been my whole mission. I feel guided and the spirit is just always there! from the opening to the closing prayer it never left the room. I'm so glad that it was there and that he also felt it, and accepted a baptismal date for May 31st. 

I know that Joseph Smith was the Prophet of the Restoration. He did see God the Father and our Saviour Jesus Christ, and under his direction brought back the same church established by Jesus Christ. 

Con mucho amor, 

Elder Redd

No comments:

Post a Comment