Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 9 June 2013

WORK!!! (June 4)


Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 53

Buenos Dias! Es un dia magnifico aqui en Colorado hoy! Ahora estoy en Steamboat Springs, un otro barrio de la zona. Venimos aqui porque tenemos que hacer una entrevista bautismal, asistir a la reunion de districto de estos missioneros y tambien vamos a hacer cambios con el lider de districto que esta aqui! Mucho que hacer entnoces me perdonan por favor si el email es cuarto!

I hope you're all doing great wherever you happen to be found! It's beautiful up here today, we're going to play some soccer with the other elders once we finish all the crazy stuff we've got to do! This week was a great week. We had Zone Conference on Thursday down in Grand Junction, so the Whole zone had to drive down there and now no one has many miles this week. So it looks like Elder Gibson (oh yeah totally forgot to mention him last week, my new companion. More on him later) and I will be breaking out the bikes! i have to borrow one from a member or something seeing as how I do not have a bike with me. But I'm excited about that our area is small enough, well I shouldn't say that it's actually HUGE! But the towns where we do most of the work are small enough that we should be able to get around on our bikes just fine.

Zone Conference last week was super awesome. President taught us some really cool things, including that our mission will be one of just four missions in the world piloting a new church program with missionaries! ?Super exciting and Secret so I can't tell you about it MWAHAHAHA!! It was kinda sad knowing that It's President's last Zone conference, but I know that President Murdock will be exactly what the mission needs. I'm sad President Maynes is leaving but excited to meet President Murdock. After zone Conference one of the Assistants, Elder Searle, came with us. It was awesome he's a super cool missionary who works really hard. Speaking of other missionaries, my companion Elder Gibson! He's an awesome guy, from Mesa Arizona, so I'll really need to go down there after the day that shall not be named, seriously SOOO many of the missionaries I love are from Arizona. I love Elder Gibson he's awesome and we're having so much fun together. That and we're doing work!

Quick story about that. So yesterday we had church at nine and we really wanted to have our investigatora come to church, so we had been inviting like crazy trying to get EVERYONE to come. With one of our investigators we actually went to his house at 7:45. We woke him up, made him breakfast, he got dressed and said he'd see us at church in about half an hour. So we went to church, we waited... and waited...and no one came to church. NOOOO AGGGHHH!!!!! We had so many people promise to come but they all bailed! So after teaching Sunday school, and helping out with the Spanish sacrament meeting, seriously, being a missionary, church is Stressful! we headed back to Silt to get to work. It was a hot day and we were exhausted! We went to try and contact a Less Active-not home, knocked on all four of his neighbors doors-not interested, asked all of them if they knew anyone who would be interested-got angry at us. We went back to the truck and talked about what our plan B was. Both of us were so tired and we could have easily gone back to the apartment and studied as we hadn't done any yet that day. We decided we would pray for heavenly Father to bless us and we would go out and WORK!!! and that's exactly what we did, we went out and worked, walking around in the hot sun OYMing everyone and being very bold and direct. Man it was awesome! The Lord really did bless us and we had an amazing day!

Well I'm running out of time and I still have to email President Maynes. I love you all and hope you're all enjoying the start of summer!

Con mucho amor, Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment