Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 9 June 2013

Why would they send Peter to Rifle? He wasn't safe with an ax!


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 52

Buenos Dias! Espero que todos se encuentren bien! Tengo mucho suerte hoy porque es Memorial day aqui, estoy en un centro de la historia familiar, por esto puedo mandar mis e-mails hoy. 

It's great to hear from all of you this week! As I mentioned last week I was transfered and I am now serving in the Rifle 2nd ward of Colorado in the Meeker stake. Our ward isn't actually in Rifle, but that's where we meet. 
We actually cover a small area outside of Rifle namely two towns called Silt and Newcastle. It's a big change from my last areas, firstly the area is English which is very different. A lot of the members are ranchers, so we'll be doing a lot of service down here. 

It was awesome last night we ate with the bishop of our ward. He asked, "Where are you from Elder?" "I'm from Calgary Canada." "No way really? That's where I served!" It was awesome and we started talking about it. He served there when the mission got split and North Calgary was in the Edmonton Mission. So he served in Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, and a few other southern parts of Calgary. We sat there and were eating and suddenly the thought came to me. 

Me: Bishop, did you know an Elder Nelson?

Bishop: Yeah 

Me: Tall guy...yoyo's?

Bishop: Yeah he was an amazing missionary!

So yeah, the bishop here knew Elder Nelson who taught me how to use yoyo's, and we took him out to the mountains one p-day. (This was when we lived in Varsity, Peter was about 7 and always looked up to the missionaries that we had for supper often)
Con mucho amor, 

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment