Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 9 June 2013

Adios Frisco!


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 51

Buenos Dias! Espero que todos se encuentran bien. Hoy esta lloviendo y nevando al mismo tiempo. Entonces Ya no mas tenemos la belleza de las montanas y sol. Pero me encanta la lluvia pues no hay problema.

Well apparently you all have Victoria day up there in Canada, so I hope you're enjoying a day off. Down here this is probably one of my busiest P-days I've had. Why am I so busy you ask? Well It's because I'm getting transferred =(. It kinda sucks not gonna lie. I love it here in Frisco this place is the best! I've only been here for two transfers and I'm already gone. But Elder Barfield is a great missionary so I know that he'll take good care of it. And we're pretty sure that Elder Havig is coming in to follow up train him so I know that they'll do a great job.

Ok now for the scary part... I got called to be a Zone Leader! YIKES!!!!! I have no idea what to do! I do not feel ready at all. I still feel like I've just left the MTC. And now I'm expected to be a zone Leader! And I'll be in a completely English area! man it's gonna be a change.



It's actually a really funny story, On Saturday night Elder Barfield and I were hungry so we went to go buy a pizza to eat. While at Target we decided to also buy Oreos and Milk. It was a lot of fun we had a companionship movie night in our small apartment. As we were sitting down watching the Testaments, Elder Barfield spilled his glass of milk "What have you done!!!" I yelled. (Milk is really expensive up here in the mountains so we use it sparingly) The milk went all over the table and all over our papers we had there. I jumped up to grab a rag and wipe it up. As I jumped up I knocked aver my glass of milk which was on the floor. "NOOOOO!!!!! NOT THE MILK!!!!" Seriously we treasure milk. Up here spilled milk is a HUGE deal! Then as I ran to grab a rag to wipe the milk off the carpet the phone started ringing. Of course when President calls us, is when we have milked spilled all over the place and we're running to clean it up. I answered the phone. My thought was that- President was calling so either Elder Spurlock was leaving Vail and one of us would be called District Leader, or one of us was leaving and getting a special assignment like opening a new area or a problem missionary. Our conversation went something like this:

Presidnet Maynes: Elder Redd! How are you today?

Elder Redd: I'm good President- little nervous that you're calling.

PM: Hahaha well we're gonna move you out of Frisco Elder Redd.

ER: Alright, President I can do that.

(I was devastated I really don't want to leave Frisco yet I love it! I also assumed this meant I was going to be opening an area or getting a problem missionary.)

PM: And Elder Redd, we're calling you to be a Zone Leader.

ER: WHAT!!!!!????

PM: Elder Redd we're calling you to be a Zone Leader.

ER: ... ... (Silence) ... ...

After President Maynes explained several things to me and we spoke for awhile I accepted the call. So hopefully I get a really great experienced Zone Leader who can teach me how to do it. 

It was tough on Sunday, leaving an area is always tough, but I just love it up here! Fortunately the Lord gave me several tender mercies. Yesterday I got to see that I did touch several lives. Many of the members thanked me for serving there and said I was a great missionary. Our dinner that night they had a cake for me that said "We will miss you" Super funny story, it got dropped when they were bringing it out, luckily she caught it though and it was pretty frozen so not too badly damaged. I visited several families to say goodbye and all of them expressed thanks. One of the best though was when at the end of the night we saw our investigator Will. After we talked and read scriptures with him, he prayed. He thanked Heavenly Father that I had been there because he said that he probably wouldn't be where he is today without me. I started crying. And I'm starting to cry again now dang it! But I'm so grateful that I've been able to serve up here and that I had all those wonderful experiences. 
A member said that I was the key- her grandson had never thought about serving a  mission before but now he was talking about it because of me. It was really comforting because I didn't get to see any big things like baptisms. I know that I did what the Lord wanted me to do up here, and I know that Elder's Barfield and Havig will carry it on and do great work up here.
I love you all and I love my mission! I know that the gospel is true. Any and all doubts that I had before I left on my mission have been completely swallowed up in the joy of sharing the wonderful message of the Atonement and the Restoration.

Con mucho amor,

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment