Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 9 June 2013

Cooking for Cooks



Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 50 (May 14)

Buenos dias en este hermosa lunes. Hoy estamos en Vail y si es bien hermoso! Espero que todos disfrutaron el dia de los madres. Yo disfrute el dia muchisismo era maravilloso!

It was very fun yesterday when both Elder Barfield and I were asked to speak about our mothers. I had no idea what to say, so I just started talking about how much my mom loves me. That ended up in me telling the story of ax + knee = extremely worried mother. I talked about how no matter what, my mom always loved me and she was always concerned with my welfare. Despite all the stupid things that I did. Later one of the boys from primary, Max, came up to me and said; "Elder Redd you shouldn't say stupid, it's a bad word." "You're right Max, I know better than that thank you." "It's ok I'm going to help you. I never say bad words." It was funny I realized that in two of my talks I've said the word stupid. The last time I was quoting Elder Bednar though so I felt a little better about it. Given that was in a Spanish ward. And in Spanish, the word "estupido" is really really strong. Immediately after the sacrament meeting finished the bishop pulled me aside and said (In Spanish of course) "Elder great talk thank you very much, but that word is a little strong, please don't say that again in a talk." So maybe I need to be a little more careful about what I say, that's twice I've been rebuked jajajajajaj.

I just love being a missionary, unfortunately this week I had a few days of Migraines, so I had to stay in the apartment two days Blehch! But on Sunday we proselyted again. It felt so good to be out there again. Mom and Dad you got to see a little bit of the Cook Clan. I'll explain it a little bit more. So our ward mission Leader is Brother Cook. Two of his sons also live in our ward. They were all there for Mother's day while we were skyping. They are a super fun family. Mom and Dad actually got to meet several of them yesterday mostly the kids while they sat there and watched me skype. It was a lot of fun being there with them. 


While Elder Barfield skyped I made them all dinner. I LOVE TO COOK! especailly for the Cooks jajajajaj. They liked my cooking fortunately. Anyways Mother's day was awesome!

I hope you all know that I love you very much.

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment