Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Friday 27 July 2012

Capitulo 8


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 8

Hola Todos! Muchas Gracias por las cartas que yo recibe este semana. Muchas Gracias a Tia Linda, Elena, Janine y Benjamin, y mis Padres. Este Semana fue loco ahora hay 56 missioneros en mi districto! y recibe nuevo missioneros dos semanas a pronto.

Well, that's really exciting for the Thompsons, I know they've been trying to get a job somewhere else for a long time. Tell them congrats from me in case they don't read my emails, and tell them to send me a dearelder. Katie is the only sister who hasn't written me! Also very exciting to hear about all the babies in the Redd family. Also say hello to Jeff for me, I guess he's coming home today!! Nice to hear that I've got pictures and a bag in the mail. Muchas Gracias!!

OK, Elena you need to stop telling me about food in your letters. I work very hard to eat healthy in here, and it’s hard enough with all the missionaries in my zone trying to feed me brownies and cake every night. So I definitely don't need you tempting me with thoughts of Pad Thai and Scone Sundays!!! That does sound like a lot of fun with the food festival. I will never eat the potatoes here. They are all nasty and come out of a can. I might eat those if I was starving to death, but seeing as how I'm very well fed right now on my salads, wraps, soup, and rice I won't be touching potatoes. Also I will be careful. 

Well, it sounds like Janine and Benjamin had very different MTC experiences from mine. First: I've never worked in the call center and to my knowledge I won’t over the next week. I'm not sure what it was like way back when, in the time they were in the MTC, but now we actually have permanent call centre missionaries. They are probably the most diligent, patient missionaries in the world. Most of them have some sort of physical disability. I've talked to some of them, and they are just amazing people. Also the term discretionary time is alien to my ears. I don't have discretionary time. I have about three hours of self directed study a day, but I'm so busy that I fill all that time up easily. The only discretionary time I have is from 9:30 to 10:15 before bed and I almost always exercise during that time.

I've got a little bit of news, I got my travel plans yesterday!!! I leave on August the sixth at 5:00 AM to the airport. My flight leaves at 8:30. So I can probably call you and talk for about 20 minutes around 7:30. I'm so excited to go out and hit the field. I'm also a little excited to leave the MTC but I do still love this place. I'm just so excited to go to Denver! This week we also had a really interesting experience teaching a lesson only using questions. That was interesting, but it really was great to work out concerns.

OK, so if you at all have an opportunity to tell this to the young men please do. You need to have everything worked out before you get here. This week I saw a missionary go home who I had thought was completely and utterly solid. It was a shock to see him go home. He said he's going to try to come back out. The Lord needs more missionaries and I've seen too many people who go home whether they aren't ready physically, mentally, spiritually or emotionally. We need more missionaries. Tell the young men that they need to prepare now. I've realized how unprepared I was and I don't want anyone else to feel that. If they can start preparing now, they will be such amazing missionaries.

This week in my study I learned about keeping my eye single to glory of God, and what that phrase actually means. I've learned that when it's time to focus on my studies, or on my language, I need to focus completely on my study. I can think of other things on P-day, meal times and personal time. Apart from that I need to be 100% focused on my purpose as a missionary.

Well, I love you all so much everybody, I love hearing from you. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve that Lord and I know this gospel is true.

Con Mucho Amor,



Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment