Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Me cuarto email


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo cuatro

Hola Familia!

Whoah time is flying by it feels like I just had pday yesterday! But I guess that's what they mean when they say the mission goes by quickly. There's alot to talk about in this week's email, so please forgive my complete and utter lack of grammer (Mikyla) (I have fixed the grammar errors I could see to make this easier to read. Peter was correct to apologize!! and I apologize for my incomplete editing-Jim). Anyways thank you for the letters mother and father. It's true- It's more fun to get dearElders than emails, still email me especially when I'm in the field, but just send me updates with dearElder while it's still available. Thanks to Mikyla for her letter. Thank you Emily, it's great to hear how the boys are doing. Thank you Blake, Jaima and Ivy, speaking of which- someone tell them about my blog. I don't think they know about it. Also thanks to the Gedlaman's– I really enjoyed the letters.

Ok so now i'll tell you a little bit about this week. As you may know this week was the mission presidents seminar so all the apostles and the First Presidency were in the Mtc at one time or another. That was really cool. The negative side effect of having them was that they closed off half the cafeteria and they didn't have wraps, I was so sad. But! because they were all in the MTC we had an awesome devotional on Tuesday. Ten of the apostles were there! the only ones who weren't there were Elder Hales and President Packer because they're both sick. It was really funny because Elder Rollins and I were sitting down and there wasn't really anyone on the stage. Then we saw some older gentlemen walking in the back doors right next to the stage. I turned to Elder Rollins and said, "That looks suprisingly like Elder Oaks, and that looks suprisingly like Elder Andersen! and that bald man looks just like Elder Cook. OH MY GOSH IT'S Elder HOLLAND!!!!!!!! For anyone who doesn't know missionaries absolutely love Elder Holland and Elder Bednar. Elder Perry spoke and it was a really good talk not at all what I was expecting, but the devotional was awesome. You could literally feel the power of the witness of the apostles.

So let me briefly tell you why missionaries absolutely love Elder Holland and Elder Bednar. I know that I love them because they have given some of the most powerful talks to missionaries in the MTC. I've seen two taped talks that they only show in the MTC. One from Elder Bednar entitled "Character of Christ" and one by Elder Holland that I don't know the title, apparently anyone who's been in the MTC since 1998 has seen the Elder Holland talk its so good and directly for missionaries. We also love Elder Holland and Elder Bednar because when they talk to missionaries they are hilarious!! I don’t think I can talk about it on an email though so you don't get to know for two years mwahaha!!

Dad you'll be pleased to hear that I ran into some missionaries headed to Thailand this week. I came up to them and said "Sawa ti kup" (I know I'm evil because thats inaccurate but whatever) They then proceeded to speak fluent thai to me and I was thoroughly lost, but it was cool. I told them about our trips to Thailand and how you served there, and how friendly the people were. It was really cool.

Janine you'll be pleased to hear that I ran into some Finnish Elders this week I talked to them about how you served there and asked how the language was. It was pretty darn cool to talk to people who are going to your mission. After I talked, I said "Quitos" (yeah yeah misspelled I know) and they thought it was cool that I knew I tiny bit of Finnish.

This week I also was able to meet Schwester Young when she came in on wednesday, I just sat outside the arrival thing and ambushed her and her host. It was nice to see some family and talk a little with someone from Canada. Seriously, the americans are getting a wee bit tiresome because they cannot pronounce mountain or any word that has a T in the middle properly.

Well that's about it for my email this week, please keep sending letters!


Les amo mucho

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment