Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Friday 20 July 2012

Week 7


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 7

Hola Familia,

Yo creo que este semana es 7 pero so estoy seguro, tiempo no existen en el CCM!! Pero me gusta mucho. Estoy aprendiendo mucho sobre EspaƱol y el Evangelio Tambien.

Well, now that I've written my weekly little Spanish blurb to show that I am in fact learning Spanish I'll switch to English. Today on Wednesday another District left, and my district is now the oldest District in our Zone!! It was really weird to be singing Hasta Ver for them and remembering our first Sunday when we sang it for Elder Olman. One of my best MTC friends was in that district, Elder Clawson. He was hilarious, and now he's gone. It feels really strange to be the oldest district, and time is just racing. It almost feels like I wrote you yesterday. At the same time however, so much has happened this week.

I'm very excited to get out and hit the field, although I do still love the MTC. Maybe that's a slight exaggeration and I'm saying it to make me feel better. I'm very excited to get out, but I'm keeping my attitude good. There are a few things that I still enjoy about this place. The food is definitely not one of them. However, I've deviated slightly. I ate rice a few times and I had a bratwurst yesterday. Apart from that, it’s still wraps with the occasional bowl of soup. This is addressed to Elena: I WILL NEVER TOUCH THE CASSEROLES!!!!!! not for any price could you make me touch the casseroles.

Anyway on Wednesday I tracked Elder Bullock down. I didn't get to host him, but I just figured out his schedule so I could find him. Thank you for the cookies, they were great and I shared them with everyone in my zone. Speaking of Packages would it be possible to send me a new bag? Through a series of unfortunate events my bag has fallen apart. Could you send me one?

Anyway Snitney and I have figured out that we have temple walk at the same time, so we usually meet up and talk when we're there. It’s great to see family and Snitney is really funny. I've also ran into Elder Hudson a few times but not near as much as I had hoped. Just curious, am I going to be getting any family pictures?

So this week we had Devotional by Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone an Emeritus Seventy. My favourite part of the talk was when he read from Ruth 1. I forget the verse but the one that says entreat me not to leave thee. I really liked it and that's what we should say to the Saviour.

I should be getting my travel plans probably next Thursday, so next week I should know when I'm leaving and when I can call you.

Sorry this email has been shorter than some of my others I love you all and can't wait to hit the field

Les amo mucho!

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment