Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday 10 July 2012

MTC Half Way


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo Cinco

Thankyou so much for the package it didn't actually come until yesterday July 5th, and I really needed to see some Canadian things after the over patriotism of the 4th of July. It was cool even if all the Americans in my Zone were being really annoying that day, we got to watch fireworks and stay up late!! which just made me more tired yesterday.

Yesterday we had a new district come in, and Elder Rollins and I got new roommates in our tiny room. Basically our room is half the size of all the other rooms and we now have the same amount of elders in it. We have no space. Unfortunately with the coming of this district we lose the second Chilean district on Monday, that's gonna be really sad, I love almost all of those elder's. Just kidding I love them all. I'm sad that they're leaving but Estoy Bien. On a crazy freaky totally insane note. I'M HALFWAY DONE THE MTC!!! which is pretty exciting.

Oh side note if Sister Gedlaman wouldn't mind letting Tyler know, half of my MTC district is going to Toronto. I don't think I'd mentioned that before, and when they go I'm going to send a present for them to give to him. Also let him know that these elders are amazing and he should be excited I hope he gets to train or at least be companions with one of them. Their names are Elder Prochnow, Elder Dial, and Elder Flygare. If he isn't allowed to know that and I just told a terrible secret -yo tengo culpa.

Well it sounds like the reunion was a lot of fun WITHOUT ME. It sounds like no tears were shed over my absence and you had a great time. That's good, I had a great time here too except that I got sick on Monday. That was annoying pero yo estoy muy bien ahora! Stop worrying Mom I took all my pills and I feel great.

Speaking to mom you'll be pleased to hear that I am getting enough protein. I have grilled chicken breast in all my wraps so I get enough. You'll also be pleased to hear that I'm exercising all the time and have defied the norm and actually lost weight in the MTC. I've lost eight pounds so far and I plan to bring that down so I can have no memories of the freshman 15. Along the lines of food I have tried a few different things. I ate a Gyro yesterday and had some rice and stir fry last Saturday. It was pretty disappointing though so I'm pretty much sticking to wraps and salads.

I don't really know how to describe Elder Perry's talk it was pretty much statistics of how the gospel blesses lives: like how Mormons have an longer life expectancy, Mormons on average are more satisfied with their life and such. The part of the talk that was really awesome was when he bore testimony. It's always great to hear the testimony of one of the apostles, but in person it just seemed so much more powerful.

So this week for our devotional Elder Yoshihiko Kokuchi an Emeritus Seventy came and spoke to us. He gave a great talk about being perfectly obedient at all times in our mission and how this will help us be more successful as missionaries. The spirit really bore witness to me that if I am perfectly obedient I will be a better missionary. As such I now wake up before 6:30 everyday and am in bed before 10:30. I make sure I spend all my study time studying and always seek for revelation on how I can do better. At the end of the talk He spoke about the how the most important thing we can bring home from our mission's is a true relationship with Christ, because it's something that never leaves. His hand is always there, we just need to reach out and take it.

I know that this church is true and I know that my Father in Heaven wants me to be here on a mission, I can't wait to start sharing the gospel with people when I get to Denver.

Les amo muchisimo

Elder Rojo

P.S. please please send me my field address in a dearelder asap I need to give it to the Chileans who leave on Monday

P.P.S I heard that the state of Colorado is on fire can you tell me what's going on there?

No comments:

Post a Comment