Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Saturday 4 August 2012

Capitulo 9


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 9

Hola Familia y Amigos!

Si algo de mis amigos leen mis Emails. No se, pero esta bien no es importante. Estoy muy animado a salir el CCM por Denver in dos Dias! Y Katey, yo no hablo Aleman, pero tengo una prima que hace. Ella puede tranducir para mi.

Sorry you didn't receive a letter from me yesterday, but the Friday right before everyone leaves is in-field orientation, so my P-day got moved to today. Anyway in-field orientation was great! I am so excited to go into the field! It's really hard not to let that distract me this week and remember that I still had a week in the MTC and try to work as hard as I can here because I need to get everything I can out of the MTC. Also along those lines my travel plans changed a little bit. I fly out of the Provo Airport at 8:30, but I'm leaving the MTC at 6:00. Not sure what time I'll be able to call, but I should be able to talk to you for at least a little while.

Just want to thank everyone for the letters I've gotten throughout my stay in the MTC, I know that those will diminish without the availability of DearElders. Also thanks Aunt Colleen for the doughnuts. Elena, if you want to hear from me Ropiero might need another letter which will have to go to Denver because I won't get anymore DearElders before I leave Monday. Janine thank you very much for the demonstration of the typical missionary experience with Tatu and Patu. It was so funny and I absolutely loved it. Thanks for letting me know that I'll be getting those packages in Denver. I was getting a little worried, but good to know that they won't get stuck at the MTC without me here to claim them.

Well, I guess I'll tell you a little bit about my week. Really nothing crazy exciting happened. That's kinda how the MTC is. Elena, this week I only had three wraps and two salads, my lowest number yet. I'm excited to get to the field so I can cook my own food again. 
On Tuesday we had a Devotional by Elder Rex D. Pinegar, it was great. The single most important thing I learned this week, well honestly almost everything I learned this week was about being a fiery greenie when I hit the field and having a hunger to teach. Most things I read or heard just came back to that. So I've resolved that I'm going to be a fiery greenie. I really hope I have a good obedient Trainer. If not well he's in for a shock. I'm not gonna think I'm the man and that I know everything because I just got out of the MTC. He does know more about the area, and the mission field then I do, so I'll be humble, but if he doesn't follow rules then that would be a fun Tuesday!!

So I've started reading the New Testament just last week, because I finished the Book of Mormon, and I absolutely love the New Testament! Reading about the life of Christ and the Apostles is really interesting. I'm glad that I've done that.

Anyway I'm sorry, but I really don't have much to say, I'm a little too excited by the thought of leaving on Monday! I love you all, and I'm sure next weeks Email will be much longer.


Les Amo Muchisimo


Elder Redd

No comments:

Post a Comment