Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 27 August 2012

Capitulo 12

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 12

Hola Familia y Amigos! estoy muy feliz esta semana. el semana passado
fue muy buen y sus emails fue magnifico tambien. Me gusta leyendo
todos sus emails.

Now that I'm speaking English CONGRATS MOM AND DAD That's awesome that
you're going to Thailand! its great to hear that you've started
working hard at learning the language. If I may offer a piece of
advice with the language that my Branch President in the MTC always
told me. It's simply this, don't worry about the language work as hard
as you can to learn it, but never worry about being able to
communicate. I know that's something that mom might worry about but
don't let it bother you.

It was great to hear from all of you. It sounds like the Skinners,
Fixsens and Thompsons are all having a great Summer, Jaima that blog
was hillarious thankyou for including it! It's always great to hear
about the Ibbi's but kinda crazy how fast they're all growing up! I'm
trying to avaid thinking about how old they're gonna be when I get
home because it makes me Trunky (That's a mission slang term for home
sick). It's also nice to know that the boys still remember me.

Alright Blakovich you sent me some questions so here are some anwers for you.

1. Colorado is great it's a little hot some days it's gotten up to the
mid 30's. Tracting or OYMing (Opening Your Mouth) in that weather is a lot of fun.

2. My Companion's name is Elder L, he was born in Peru, so he's
always spoken fluent Spanish that can be kind of interesting because
sometime he uses Peruvian Terms that I don't understand at all.

3. As to what I eat, I eat a lot of Taquitos, seriously atleast 70% of
our dinner appointments are Taquitos home made and they're good, but
we eat them a lot. we also have rice with pretty much every meal and
we eat a lot of chicken.

4. I would answer this one but I don't really know what mom rice is Blake.

5. Ok gross story for Blake: so our appartment is near the Bear river,
or something like that. and the entrance to our complex is right next
to the dumpster. As such it is not entirely uncommon for us to see
Rats when we come home at night. So one night I had Rat run about 3
feet ahead of me from the bush toward the dumpster. I freaked out and
Elder Lopez was laughing at me.

Hope those aswered your questions Blake!

Thank's for letting me know that you will now be responsible for my
blog now Elena I think I sent this email to you hopefully you do in
fact get it if not send me an angry Email or something next week. It
also sounds like you had a ton of fun at the murder mystery party!

Ok Jaima you asked how I was shocked. Well let me put it this way.
I've been very fortunate in my life. Dad's always been fully able to
provide for us and I've always lived in nice neighbourhoods. So on my
first day when Elder L and I were OYMing guys with tatoos all over
and piercing's and hear some of them talk about what their lives were
like in gangs and how Jesus changed their lives, It was a little scary
for awhile but I've adjusted and I really love the area and all the
people I serve.

If anyone wants to send me pictures it's probably better to snail mail them.
Mom and Dad it's great to hear that everything has come together with
your call and I'm super excited for you to enter the mission field I
know you will absolutely love it! Along that note I'm just thinking
about how Chrstmas will work, can you do a Skype conference call?
because we skype in my mission too.

Ok so I guess I'll tell you a little bit about how I'm doing and
everything else that's going on with me. First off let me tell you a
bit about my District. My Companion Elder L is our District
Leader, The zone Leader's Elder T, Elder E and Elder T
are also in our District, I did an exchange with them this week and it
was really cool to have the opportunity to learn from other
missionaries too. Elder S and G are the other Spanish Elder's
in our ward I did an exchange with Elder G this week and that was
awesome too. Elder S is a Visa missionary and he'll be leaving
for Argentina in about one week. but he's a really cool guy he
red-shirted at BYU last year so I like playing basketball with him on
P-days. he wins but its fun none the less. finally Hermana B and
P. Hermana B was in the MTC with me so that's cool and Hermana
P is a crazy gymnast which is ridiculous.

Ok so one quick story from this week. Yesterday at seven o'clock we
had about one hour and then we could go to a dinner appointment, I was
pretty tired and hungry so I thougtht maybe we could OYM or Tract for
awhile and then go to the appointment we decided to stop by an
investigators house. We really didn't accomplish much we taught her a
brief lesson and then she had to leave I was a little discouraged and
I wanted to go to dinner Elder L said we should work for just a
little longer. We did and because we stayed and kept working hard we
found a new investigator and talked to her for quite a while. She is a
golden investigator and I'm so excited to start teaching her next
week! I know the Lord rewards us when we just give that extra little
bit of work, and I will never miss an opportunity to work as hard as I
can again!

I know that this church is true and I love being a missionary. To
anyone considering a mision DO IT!!! I won't lie it is hard, but it is
the best decision I have ever made in my life.

I love you all very much and hope you're all doing well.

Elder Rojo
                                                                           
                                                Me and Elder R, my MTC Companion

 
My MTC District
 
 
Me and Snitney (my cousin,serving in Frankfurt, Germany)
 
 
Asleep on my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment