Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 19 August 2012

Capitulo 11


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 11


Hola Familia!

Lo Siento no he escribido. Es porque mi dia de preparacion es lunes y no tuve un computadora el Lunes passado!

Ok there's my weekly Spanish bit. First off. Sorry I didn't call from the Airport, apparently the Provo Airport has zero pay-phones, and we really didn't have time in the Denver Airport. Also quickly to Katie yes I did get your letter, I just forgot to mention it in my email. yes I got the shutterfly pictures thank you so much I put them up in my apartment and it feels really nice to have a little bit of a personal touch The Ibbi's look like they're doing great and had a lot of fun at the Reunion. And sorry I forgot my camera cord so I won't be sending any pictures this week. President M sent you the picture of me with him and Sister M though.

Alright I guess I'll tell you a little bit about my first week in the Field. On Tuesday I met my Trainer, his name is Elder L, and then we went to our Area. I'm serving in Metro Denver, and it is very different than home. My first days were a bit of a shock, but I'm doing a lot better now. I've really gained a love for my area and the people. This week we put two of our Investigators on a baptismal date, and that is an amazing feeling. Right now our Area has a huge teaching pool, so we spend almost all of our time teaching people, we really don't tract or anything like that. unfortunately we're also in a car, because our area is so huge. In some ways it's great because it allows us to do so much teaching everyday, but I spend a lot of time sitting. I'm working hard in my morning exercise and eating as carefully as possible. Which can be very hard sometimes we have Dinner appointments everynight. I'm pretty sure that my first week in the Mission field I've eaten more Taquitos than my entire life! dinner appointments with the Hispanics here are very different. I was expecting something more like back home where the missionary's come over we all sit down and eat together and everyone can serve themselves as much as they want. Here we come over with the other set of Missionary's in our Ward Elder G and Elder S, he's really cool I'll talk more about Elder S later, we sit down they bring us plates absolutely loaded with food, whether it looks in anyway appetizing or not, and then they sit somewhere nearby and watch us eat. It's a little weird, but I guess that's just a cultural thing.

Anyways suffice it to say, I love my Mission President, I love my Area, I love my trainer, and I'm loving everything so far.

It's a little strange, I was so excited to leave the MTC, but now I'm really realizing what a special place it is. There's something cool about being surrounded by missionaries all the time. and the weekly visit's from General Authorities were pretty awesome to. Eventhough it was long at times I'm glad I had nine weeks there to learn about the Gospel and feel the spirit so strongly. If there's one thing I'm glad to be done with about the MTC it's the food! I haven't had much of an opportunity to cook anything yet, but I'm going grocery shopping later today and this week I should be able to cook my own stuff.

Anyways I'm running out of time and I still have to write my letter to President. Just know that I love you all, and I'll write a better letter next week with some details of my exploits in the field.

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment