Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 25 March 2013

Capitulo 41

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 41

Aye Cabere! Es bien loco que ya escribi una carta que era muy buena y larga tambien, pero no se exactamente que paso, pero lo perdi! No tenemos tan mucho tiempo pero voy a tratar de escribir todo otra vez para que tengan una buena carta. Tambien lo siento que no tengo fots para mandar hoy, perdi mi camara, y acabo de encontrarla hoy!

Ok so I already wrote this amazing really great pretty long email, but I deleted it on accident and the draft hadn't saved. So I'll try my best to rewrite it all.
  
We had a great week here in Frisco, and this area is really turning around! We found several new investigators, and we also taught a lot more lessons than the week before. I know that if we continue to work hard and be diligent that the Lord will continue to bless us, and we will see miracles here in Frisco. One of my favourite parts about the week was that many of our new investigators were really great investigators. The kind who ask questions and are really engaged in the lessons. Anyone who has served in the mission field should know what I'm talking about here. I'll teach anyone who's willing to listen, and I'll try really hard with the ones who don't. But sometimes it can be a little discouraging when you go over a point really thoroughly, and think you teach them so that they'll actually understand, then ask a simple follow up question and they say, "Pues... no se" and laugh lightly. (that means "Well... I don't know") when people say that sometimes I just want to say then why didn't you ask questions!!! but I restrain myself one thing I'm definitely getting better at on my mission is patience. So it's been great this week to find people who really want to learn more and are asking us those great questions.

Ok now for a little bit of a funnier or just normal story for the week. Last Thursday I went on exchanges to Vail. was serving with a certain Elder Mori, he's a great missionary and a really fun guy. He's on his last transfer, and its great to see Elders like him working hard when they're so close to being done. I want to be that kind of missionary, I want to be working so hard near the end of my mission that people think I'm a greenie. I hope that I can be an example to other missionaries the way that Elder Graf and Elder Mori have been. Anyways we had an amazing day in Vail, we found a ton of new investigators and taught some really great lessons. One of the things that I really learned from Elder Mori was how to teach a short version of the restoration where they can still feel the spirit strongly and it can be just on the street. It was overall just an amazing day in Vail. (I also loved eating mexican food again I kind of miss it here seeing as how most of our dinners are american). At the end of the day we called the elders in Frisco and we told them about our great day and jokingly said that we should do a 48 hour exchange. They told us that they'd had an amazing day to so we started talking more seriously about this 48 hour exchange. Finally I said "Forget 48 hours lets call President and make this the rest of the transfer!" we called President. I'm very lucky to have President Maynes as my mission President. He answered and we explained the situation to him and asked if we could do a 4 and a half week exchange. President laughed. Like I said I'm very lucky that he has a sense of humor.

Anyways we're getting kicked out of the library.

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment