Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 25 March 2013

Capitulo 38


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 38

Hola a todo mi familia y amigos! Primero disculpame que este E-mail va a llegar un dia tarde, pero ayer yo estaba bien occupado, y tambien era el dia de los Presidnete's aqui en los Estados Unidos, entonces todos las bibliotecas eran cerradas. Y por esto les escribo hoy!

First off I love you all Happy Valentine's day! (I'm not sure if I said that last week or not) It was great to hear from all, and thanks for the scripture case! Es muy Chido!  
I've been asked what it is exactly that keeps me so busy on my p-days right now. Well it's all kinds of things, some are in relation to the missionary work, last week we had to help Elder Belnap out so he could leave for Peru! and this week we went to Aurora partially because we had to, and partially because we went to play Soccer with the other Spanish Elder's over there. Oh wait none of you know where Aurora is. That's just to the east of Denver, whereas I'm in the west. So we went over there to play Soccer. (I'm also getting a lot better at soccer serving Spanish so after the day that shall not be named I might have to start playing a little more)

It was great to hear from you Mom and Dad, I always love hearing your mission stories from Thailand. It's great to hear that you're working hard over there. And I hope that family will get Baptized in March. 

I really am learning to love Hispanic culture, they are such friendly nice people and very very rarely are they mean. It's fun talking to English Elder's about that. they talk about tracting and how they don't like having door's slammed in their faces. I really don't think I've ever had a door slammed in my face except by white people. along with that I've also gotten really good at telling from the outside of a house if the occupants are Hispanic or American. Don't judge me, it naturally happens!

It's been a lot of fun this last week to work with the combined areas. Some of the people who I worked with when I served in the South are still there, so it's great to see them again. Unfortunately though, Elder Rollins and Elder Havig both got sick last week so that slowed us down a little bit. And as such there really aren't any stories to tell this week, but I will next week i promise!

I love you and I love being here in Denver.


Con mucho amor,

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment