Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 25 March 2013

Capitiulo 39


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitiulo 39

Feliz Febrero a todos! Hoy me siento un poco triste y bien raro! solo es que he pensado en varias cosas que me ponen triste y loco!

It was great week here in Denver! The sad news is that I'm leaving... It's kinda got me a little bummed I've really grown to love a lot of the members here in the Denver 1st ward, and unfortunately I didn't have much of an opportunity to say good bye to them (more on that story later) As i've been packing up all of my things, I've just gotten hit. A ton of memories came back from the MTC and my last few weeks at home. It seriously feels just like I'm leaving home again, It's crazy to think that I'm almost at my nine month mark I still feel like I've been out for only a few weeks.

But, I'm going to try not to dwell on that, when I get to my new area I want to be fully focused on that, and ready to work. I don't want to be trunky or area sick as they say. So on to the good news. Yesterday we got a huge dump of snow!!! I remember we woke up in the morning and as I was getting ready Obispo called us. My first thought was "Dang were we supposed to be at PEC this morning?" immediately followed by "Shoot I didn't prepare our report on that." Luckily I was wrong we didn't need to be at the meeting. instead he called to let us know that because of the snow, church was cancelled that day. About two minutes later, our Zone leaders called to let us know that we weren't allowed to drive because of the road conditions. and that they would call us and let us know when the roads were good to drive on again. So Elder's Havig, Rollins and I sat in our apartment for awhile, made some hot chocolate, and then went out and played in the snow for several hours. We built a snow fort, tried to build a snow man, and just had an all out war in the snow. Both of them being from Arizona, they didn't really have much experience with snow. I loved it. Probably my favourite part was when Elder Rollins and I were crouched behind our wall and piling more on top to increase the height. A lady walked past and said to us "Is that a snow fort? it's great guys!" we enthusiastically replied that it was and we'd been building it for awhile. She congratulated us and continued walking. I turned to Elder Rollins and said, "Were we just treated as children?" Elder Rollins looked at me and said, "I think we were." I grinned back and said "It's the little kid in all of us" We laughed about that thinking that we're both almost 20 years old and still have our childish moments. It was a lot of fun to play in the snow and I felt right at home jumping into snow piles and making snow angels. That bad part of that was because there wasn't church I didn't get to see a lot of the members who I would have liked to say good bye to. It's ok though maybe someday I can come back and serve here again.

Well I'm sorry, but today with having to pack and all the other process of finishing off the transfer, I really don't have much time today. I promise that next week when I'm in my new area I will tell you all about it and send you some pictures as well remind me so that I actually will

(Yes, that is how the email ended, we didn't cut off the closing)

No comments:

Post a Comment