Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 21


Hola Familia y Amigos!
 Como estan? Felicidades Papa y Mama estoy muy animado por cuando estan en el campo misional tambien! espero que todos tengan un gran fin de semana, en su casa por el ultimp vez antes salen por su mision!

First off, many thanks to Bishop for the letter. It was great to see the articles about the temple and hear from bishop. It was also great to hear from Aunt Colleen, G & G, Ivy, and my regular faithful of course.

It sounds like mom and dad's farewell was a grand affair, and you all had a lot of fun! I'm so excited for you mom and dad it's going to be a lot of fun emailing each other from our respective fields! It was really fun to hear about all the ibbi's and especially the story of (Brigham or Blake? Two emails said each of them) in the temple. Also Elena please take good care of Neb... I miss him a lot. I'm also really glad that you have good roommates that take good care of you while I'm gone. Benjamin yes! please do take them and sell them! 

OK so quickly let me ask Janine and Benjamin did you get the letter I sent you back because you used to be my most steady snail mailers. Did it dry up because you didn't get the letters I sent? Or you just... forgot about me :( 

This week was a really great week, our area has really grown and I'm super excited to be here for at least one more transfer if not more! It has been really sad though because Elder's Sweeney and Graf have started packing up some of their things that they won't use this week. I'm really gonna miss these Elders they're both amazing and we all get along so well. I've also really enjoyed being with them because we all eat really healthy so we buy all our food communally which lowers grocery costs a lot! I really hope that my next companion has the same commitment to exercise in the morning and eating healthy.   

This week we've continued working with an Investigator we found last week named A. He's 15 and just a really awesome guy. He has friends who are members of the church and he's already accepted a baptismal date. I love teaching him because he's so faithful and when he prays you can really tell that he wants to know.

Last night we had Dinner with the M family, not sure if I've mentioned them before their recent converts from the English branch in our area. They are so faithful and so charitable, they wanted to feed Elder's Sweeney and Graf before they left. They love the missionaries, and are always willing to help us out. I really hope that all of you are willing to help the missionaries, but only if they're good obedient missionaries.

I love you all and hope you have another great week!

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment