Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Chapter 18 Sorry it's been so long


Hola Familia y Amigos

Estoy muy contento hoy y espero que todos sean bien. yo estoy muy
animado por La Conferencia General este fin de semana. Ustedes deben
ser animados por Thanksgiving, pero aqui ne celebremos este semana.

It was great to hear from you this week! sorry about last week, I was
just short on time and couldn't write a long email with all the
details I would have liked to include. First off is Jesus' baptism!!
That was an amazing experience I'm sorry you didn't get the pictures,
so i'll resend them today. but at Jesus' baptism I felt the spirit so
strong and really just got an affirmation that I'm where I'm supposed
to be right now serving the people that heavenly father has prepared
for me. After the baptism we went to Jesus' house and watched Joseph
Smith prophet of the restoration with him. He knows it’s true and he
will be an amazing member of the church for his whole life. Also when
we were driving home from Jesus' house Elder Reese and I talked about
how at the end of the movie we both just felt such a strong witness
that our church is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I already
knew it but I love receiving an added witness of the truthfulness of
the gospel.

Ok and now for a cool experience from this week! So we've been working
with this woman named Rosa since I got to the area. Actually when I
got here she was on date to be baptized September 2nd unfortunately
her "Esposo" so in other words the man she lived with cancelled their
wedding and she wasn't going to kick him out. Ever since then we've
been working with her to try and help-whether that's to get them
married or anything. We'd ben fasting and praying for her for quite
awhile, but unfortunately we weren't seeing any results. Then suddenly
this week she told us that he moved out. Just out of the blue the Lord
provided a way for us and now she will be baptized later this month!

Anyways I love you all and I hope you're all doing great send me an
email so I can know how you're doing!

Con mucho amor!

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment