Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Capitulo 17


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 17


Hola familia y amigos como estan? este semana fue marvilloso tuve muchas gran experiencias y estoy trabajando duro. Espero que todos esten bien y les gusto sus semanas.

It was great to hear from all of you!

first things first... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAIMA!!!!! It was great to hear from you and it sounds like you had a great birthday with your gluten free breakfast, going to the museum, and the symphony! I'm glad you Jeff and the kids are all doing well.

Sister!! Congrats on the new calling! its really cool to hear about that and the adjustments you're making for it. Also I have not played human battleship but it does sound like a lot of fun. I've also never played telephone charades I have played telephone pictionary though we may need to play that with the family once The-day-that-shall-not-be-named arrives.

As for your Denverian prize you will get it once I go to a bank of America and can withdraw sufficient funds. I'll let you know once I've sent it.

So language mix up stories I do in fact have a few of them most from the MTC but I'll tell you anyways. The first is a story of when one of the sisters in my district said "Mediante la expiacion de JesuCristo podemos ser limpio de nuestros pescados" which translates to: through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can be clean of our fish. substitute pecados for pescados and the sentence actually makes sense. the second is when we were practicing door approaches and I said "hola somos missioneros de la iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias. Tenemos un mesaje para usted sobre la restauracion del evangelio de JesuCristo." which translates as follows. Hi we're missionaries for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day siants, we have a massage for you about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. ....... ..... that was a little awkward thankfully it was in the MTC not the field. I haevf more but I am super pressed for time so I'll make sure I throw them in my next email.

It was great to hear from you mom and dad it was great to hear about the temple. I don't have time to write much more. I'll tell you about Jesus' baptism and everything else next week because I am out of time

I love you all and hope to hear from you ALL next week


Elder Redd

P.S I also have a new companion we're in a tripanionship his names Elder Reese he's in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment