Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 29 October 2012


Capitulo 15

Hola Familia!

Que loco tiempo esta pasando muy rapido! me siento como you solamente
llegue en el campo dos dias en el passado! Pero estoy casi terminado
con mi primero cambio! Quiero que ustedes sepan que mi mission es todo
a mi! Me encanta mi mission y espero que cada persona que sirve un
mission tambien siente como mi.

That crazy time is passing too fast! I feel like you only
arrives in two days in the field passado! But I'm almost finished
with my first transfer! I want you to know that my mission is all
my! I love my mission and I hope that each person who served
also feel like my mission. (Google translated)

It was a great week, the work is goin well here and I love it!
Thankyou for all the letters that I recieved (including a 5 letter day
on tuesday) thank you to the Harkers, The Kearl's and Bishop. I really
loved the picture of the temple, it was great to see what it looks like
now that it's done! That's also a really cool story about Brett, glad
to hear he's doing well back home.

Hey quick note I've just thought about the emails that I feel the best
about after I write them, and they’re always the ones when I answer lots
of questions. So please have everyone send me questions I like
answering them!

Ok first off Elena great to get your email. I'm sorry you had to use
google translate, but sometime in the very distant future that I'm not
going to think about when I'm not a missionary that would be awesome
to translate Spanish for you anytime. I love the Spanish language! It's
good to hear that you like your new roommate, and that is a little
strange that there are people at welcome week younger than me. I still
feel really young sometimes. That's probably because I really am
especially when I talk to the missionaries in their 20's

Mom and Dad! it was great to hear from you too, in answer and
explanation to a few questions, yes a spice kit would be wonderful the
first one you mentioned sounds fantastic! also if you could send me
some more tape for my mouth, and my blue jump rope that would be great
because I'm running out of tape and the jump rope would be good for
excercise. Also I have three more temple cards, but I don't know how
many more times I'll be going to the temple because I could quite
easily end up serving most of my mission on the western slopes and not
have temple access so send me a few cards and I'll make sure they all
get done. On the photos, the one in front of the Provo temple is me
and the other elders in my MTC district just taking a funny picture we
were being  Daniel, Shadrac, Meshach and Abednego and ....... their other
two friends ..... who are not named in the Old Testament. The guy in
the back who photo bombed us ...( shaking my head )

You also asked what I've learned out here in the Mission field. Wow
where to start and what to tell.

1. This one won't apply quite as much to you two but I think all
missionaries should know it. Part of being a good missionary is being
a good companion, or just good with other missionary's in your
district or Zone. You could have all the scriptures memorized and be
the most spiritual missionary in the world, but if you don't love your
companion and work in unity with them you won't be near as affective.

2. There's no excuse not to be exactly obedient. I've seen lots of
missionaries who will say that you need to loosen up and have fun on
your mission. I can honestly say that the most fun I've had on my
mission is when I am being exactly obedient, fun and obedience do go
together. Others will say that its more important to follow the spirit
and not be a Pharisee. The problem with that is that Preach my Gospel
and the white handbook were written by apostles and others under the
direction of the Spirit. I have seen a lot of missionaries use that as
an excuse and break rules in the name of the Spirit. I think that
sometimes the Spirit may prompt us to do something against the rules,
but those are rare experiences.

3. Patience is one of the most valuable things you can have on a
mission (Mom and Dad you should be pretty good at this, after all you
raised me- that takes patience) Whether it's patience with
investigators, patience with the members, or patience with your
companion. It is extremely important.

There's so much that I've learned on my mission and I wish that I
could share it all, but for right now that's probably all.

I love you all, and I hope that everything is going really well back home

Elder Redd

No comments:

Post a Comment