Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 20


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 20

Hola Familia y Amigo! Estoy muy feliz aqui en Denver, y tambien estoy muy agradecido por sus correos electronicos! Mama y Papa felicidades en todo es tan maravilloso que ustedes van a servir un mission tambien!

Its been a great week here in Denver and It's so great to hear from you. Thanks so much for the package mom I just got it. Thanks for the picture of Jack! It's awesome to hear about all the missionary opportunities that are coming as a result of the temple! I'm really curious as to the increase in baptisms over the next few months. I'm super curious now as to how new investigators are found. I've learned that that most likely people to progress to baptism are member referrals, and the temple gives people so many more opportunities to refer people!

In answer to the questions about my transfer I'm in a new apartment with Elder Sweeney and Graf, but because Elder's Lopez and Reese helped me move all the stuff over I kind of had 4 companions for the day. So I took them all out for Chinese because we couldn't really find a turkey dinner type place. To explain the transfer in more detail, Elder Graf goes home at the end of the month, Elder Sweeney leaves for Buenos Aires North, and I'll be staying in Denver 1st North. Quick comment from Elder Sweeney, if you ever meet an Elder Heap in Thailand he's a friend of Elder Sweeney. (Note from Jim: Elder Heap was transferred to be our zone leader one week before Christmas-he and his companion live upstairs)

OK so here's something exciting that happened this week. Do you all remember that book of things that you were supposed to look for while driving? Do you remember that there were some that you might see only once in your lifetime? Those things were: A motorcycle with a man on the back and a women driving, and the other was... YES I SAW A PINK CADILLAC!!!!! I was so excited and Elder's Graf and Sweeney laughed at me.

Dad It's great that you're loving the PMG fundamentals, those are so essential in mission work. Sometimes it's hard to just do the fundamentals because I want to teach something else and answer a question that I have, but those fundamentals are what make us effective and powerful teachers.

Well, a few quick stories from this week. At first it was a little hard to leave the South area and some of the people that I've been teaching and working with. Especially because the North area doesn't have quite as many set appointments whereas in the South we almost always had appointments for every hour of the day. On Wednesday we were tracting and getting some typical tracting results, "no not interested" or "you can come back, but I'm super busy all the time so it might not be until next month" in other words "we're not interested". The last door that we knocked on the man let us in and we taught him for about 30 minutes before he left. We came back on Sunday and taught his whole family "the restoration" His wife told us that it was a miracle that we were there because here husband usually doesn't talk to "religious people" but he was excited and told his wife about us! and we also went there on the one day that he was actually at home at that time. It was a huge testimony builder to meet people like that who were so prepared for us by the lord when we just went out and worked. The other awesome experience was that I got to give Jesus the Priesthood and then he baptized an investigator of the sisters. It was so awesome to see him progressing in this gospel and using his priesthood.

Well, that's it for this weeks email, next weekend seeing as how the whole family will be there tell them all to send me an email!

I love you all and hope you're having a great time

Elder Redd

No comments:

Post a Comment