Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Snow Service Softens Hearts


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 47

Muy buenos dias a todos! Yo disfrute mucho la oportunidad de escuchar de ustedes, especialmente la carta de los Fixsen! siempre es un placer de recibir Cartas de mis sobrinos! Y tambien me encanta recibir cualquier cosa que esta escrita en espanol entonces la carta de Jeff era muy bien. Y para que sepas tambien me gusto mucho tu Carta Jaima. Tambien tengo muchos que agradecer de las semanas pasadas que no he agradecido. primeramente a la mente son Tia Colleen y Tia linda me escriben mucho yo casi no les agradezco. por favor me disculpas.

Wow it's been crazy up here lately! Not sure if you were able to get a good translation about what I said last week in my email, but between Sunday and Monday we got two feet of snow! The snow continued until Thursday so we had plenty of moisture. And then the temperature dropped on Thursday night freezing nearly everything! So needless to say our driving was limited last week. It was great though on Monday night when we couldn't drive at all, one of the members a certain Brother Cook gave us a ride and we visited less actives and shoveled a lot of snow. We also had a snow ball fight with Brother Cook. We spent much of the week serving, when we were able to drive we kept snow shovels in the trunk and were constantly looking for people to help.

It was great to see some amazing miracles happen here this week. I figured that the limited driving and so much time spent serving would make it a little harder for us to teach as much as we'd like to reach the standards of excellence and find as many people who were ready. (Lots of people appreciated the help but weren't ready to hear more, but we softened their heart at least a little so some day missionaries will reap the rewards.) But just the last two days of the week we were really blessed to find a great family to teach and teach so many lessons to help us meet our goals. One of the greatest miracles we saw this week was a less active family that had never let us in before, so I'd never met them. We went over and shoveled their driveway -all of it. And then they let us in for hot chocolate. We spoke for a few minutes and then they invited us for dinner a few days later. It was amazing -they'd never let us in but then we got dinner! We invited them to come to church but they didn't accept. Although they did say we could come back, so it's only a matter of time before they do come!

I love it up here, and I hope you all know how much I love my mission and serving the lord.

Con mucho amor,

Elder Rojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment