Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Snow Day!


 
Doesn't he look like a happy elder!

Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 46

Que Buenas Noticias! Yo encontre mi cable de camara! Entonces de esto hoy voy a mandar unas fotos! Espero que les gustan. Pues estoy muy feliz esta semana. por varias razones. Mi hijo me cae muy bien, y tuvimos una semana tan magnifico! hoy recibimos mucho mucho nieve, y casi no podemos manejar ibamos a viajar por Vail por la reunion de districto, y despues a Eagle para jugar los deportes pero nuestro carro no puede manejar en esta tormenta! Y por esto nos quedamos aqui y vamos a pasar tiempo en nuestro apartamento despues de esto.

Well, I hope you're all doing well wherever you do happen to be at this particular point in time! I am doing just fantastic! My email might be a little bubbly and excited today, please forgive me on that. It's because we had a great week up here in Frisco! So as I mentioned last week I'm training once again! His name is Elder Barfield, and he's from South Carolina. As such he has never seen anything near the amount of snow that we got today. In fact when we got stuck leaving our ward mission leaders house after doing laundry he didn't know what to do, so we dug the car out, and then we had to push. But it was a fun p-day experience. We also shoveled the walk for them... Twice. That tells you a little bit about how much it's snowing. Ironically yesterday was the closing day of most of the ski resorts up here. And between yesterday and up until right now, we've gotten over two feet here in town. So I imagine that they'll probably prolong the closing.

Anyways I'm very excited to be serving with him. I learned a lot of things training last time so I think I'm doing a much better job. We're both doing great and he's learning real quick. The weird thing is that he's eighteen, and I'm turning twenty in two weeks I'm gonna be old!

But this was kind of a sad transfer, the mission lost some really great missionaries, several of whom I knew from my last zone. My first zone leader and my first exchange Elder Trusty left. Not sure if I mentioned him before, but he's the kind of missionary that I want to be great role model. Him another of my old zone leaders Elder Hatch, both of them served in the Lakewood zone for several transfer both as zone leaders and then they got released and served in other areas there. Both incredible missionaries. I also had a lot of fun playing basketball with them both are great players. Elder Mori went home, he's the elder who I went on exchanges with in Vail, great missionary and he's a fun guy. Probably the saddest of all though was that we lost Elder Kalkbrenner. Elder Kalkbrenner is the kind of missionary that this world needs more of. He was amazing he served as an assistant for a while so pretty much everyone knew him. But he was just an amazing example. He was Germany and everyone loved his accent. So there are some big shoes to fill and my generation of missionaries are the ones to fill them. Yikes! Often I still feel like I've only been out a couple of months, but then I get a text from one of my good friends in the mission that says, "Happy ten months Rojo." I'm going crazy or I've stepped into a time vortex because I haven't been on my mission that long!

Well, several times now I've mentioned that we had a great week, so now I'll explain why. Driving down to Denver to pick Elder Barfield up, and then we had to wait a little while before the roads cleared up, so we went out for breakfast with Elder's Rollins, Havig and there companions.Then we came back up. That was when the zone leaders informed us that we would not be reimbursed fully for our miles. "Oh" I said. "So what are we supposed to do seeing as we used 33% of ours to go to Denver and back?" "Do everything you can to limit them, and we'll reimburse you what we can." So that limited our driving a lot. We couldn't go to Leadville, Fairplay, Keystone, or Breckenridge. Leaving our entire week of proselyting in Silvethorne, Dillon, and Frisco. So we went out and did some good hard work known as tracting and street contacting! We worked our butts off the whole week and we found six new investigators! The Lord really did bless us for our diligence and obedience. We found some great people who are ready to hear the gospel, and some of our other investigators have expressed the desire to progress more than they were before. I'm really excited to be serving up here in this area, I know that we are going to continue to see miracles and help the work progress.

Con Mucho Amor,

Elder Rojo 

No comments:

Post a Comment