Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Monday 15 April 2013

Capitulo 45: The Return of Elder Rojo


Buenos dias! Hoy es un dia muy bonita aqui en Frisco. Y por primera vez en un tiempo puedo mandar un bien email! Espero que todos estan bien y tambien quiero escuchar de todos!

Translation: Good morning! Today is a very nice day here in Frisco. And for the first time in a while I can send an email either! I hope everyone is well and I also want to hear from everyone!
 
So today is the last day of my first transfer in Frisco. So tomorrow we'll be driving down to Denver for transfer meeting. This is good for a number of reasons: firstly I can pick up some stuff that i left in Denver 1st from Elder's Havig and Rollins, it will also just be great to see them, I love both of those guys. Secondly It's good because I'll be training again next transfer! I'm very excited to train again it's a lot of fun.
 
First off what an amazing conference (General Conference of the church) we had last weekend! I loved those talks and really received some great revelation about what to do in this area, and with my new companion (or in mission lingo my second son) I especially loved the talk by Elder Holland. I know there are lots of people that I have met on my mission that say they believe but they're not sure enough to get baptized. I really learned how to more effectively teach that belief is often enough and knowledge will follow action that we take in Faith. Their were so many great talks and regretably I don't have my notes with me to talk about all of them. One thing I really enjoyed was watching the World Report, and seeing the news on the Calgary temple. I loved seeing so many people I know there! good to know that they're going to the temple! It was pretty cool to see the shot of Tom and Cheryl Evans walking up!  
 
So this week we did some interesting things. I wish I could send you pictures, but regrettably I can't find my camera cord so I'll just tell you about it. We drove up to Loveland pass (the highest road over the continental divide) and took some pictures up there. Probably the coolest thing though was when we pulled up to dinner on Friday. Their teenage son was standing on the balcony and he started pointing out to the street. We thought he was telling us to park on the street. We disregarded that as his father had told us that we can park on the driveway we got out of the car and he continued pointing at the street. I looked over to see a Moose standing on the street about 20 feet away. How we hadn't seen in before I still don't know. But I took several pictures of the moose. Regrettably I cannot send them.
 
The other awesome story is about our Investigator J. He's an amzing man, so prepared for the gospel. He loves reading the Book of Mormon, and he underlines and studies it better than some missionaries. He was very excited about conference last weekend and he took some great notes! Teaching J has been an awesome experience seeing how the gospel fills in the missing parts of his life. Unfortunately we can't set a date for his baptism yet due to a few issues, but I know that he will get baptized. It's also been amazing to see the Lord help him. When we first started teaching him it looked like he wouldn't be able to be baptized for quite a while. But the Lord has really helped him, and now if things go well he could be ready in 3 months! I sure hope so. I would really like to be here for his baptism.
 
I love you all so much and hope to hear from you soon!
 
Con mucho amor,
 
Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment