Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 7 July 2013

Hanging Lake


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 56 June 25




Buenos Dias! Hoy es un dia maravillosa! Les digo mas tarde en Ingles para que entiendan. pero la clima es bonita, y todo va bien por aqui! 
Today we went and hiked to Hanging Lake with about half of our zone and the Elders from Frisco and Vail. It was super fun! It was beautiful so that's what a few of those pictures are. 

Well, we had a great week this last week! It was hard, but Elder Gibson and I just went out and worked. It was great. It was awesome on Saturday we ate dinner with our investigator Wade, and his two friends who are members. After dinner we were talking about coming to church. He'd had a bit of trouble because of work and he always has a lot of stuff to do on Sundays. After the lesson he promised that he would come to the first hour. The next morning we were waiting for him, but we didn't see him I was pretty discouraged. After the first speaker I looked to the side and Voila! There was Wade! It was super awesome the Ward was so friendly and he loved it! We talked to him after and he decided to stay for Sunday school, and then priesthood as well! He loved it and participated in all of it. He said he'd come again next week! 

Ok and what a broadcast! That was super cool I loved it! 

After the broadcast, Elder Gibson and I decided we should skip dinner, (because we didn't have one) and proselyte until nine to try and teach as many lessons as we could. It was rough, practically no one was at home, and those who were couldn't talk. At 8:35 we tried one last investigator. They weren't home DAGGGHHHH NOOOOO!!!! I looked over and saw that their neighbours door was open and they had a light on. We decided to go knock their door to see if we could teach them. We knocked and a woman came to the door, she was the kind of person who you see and the first thought in your mind is: "not interested" we offered to say a prayer with her to leave a blessing on her home, and she said sure, we asked what she wanted to pray for and just talking with her a little bit, and then she suddenly asked, "Do you guys do the same thing as the Sister Missionaries?" turns out her Sister was being taught by other missionaries in our zone, and she'd sat in once. So we taught her and she was really interested! 

I know that the Lord blessed us for our obedience and hard work! 

Con Mucho Amor, 

Elder Rojo

No comments:

Post a Comment