Elder Redd's favorite scripture

Elder Redd's favorite missionary scripture

Alma 26:11-12
But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength,
nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with
joy, and I will rejoice in my God.
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak;
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his
strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought
in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Sunday 7 July 2013

Banana Peels vs. Salvation


Las Venturas de Elder Rojo: Capitulo 55 June 18

Buenos Dias! Hoy es un dia muy bueno pero tambien es un dia triste, por que es un dia triste? Porque Presidnete Maynes se va pronto!!!!!

Ok first the business end of things. If anything you send me gets returned it's probably the wrong zip code to confirm what my address is:

Elder Peter Redd
999 East Tufts Ave.
Cherry Hills Village CO 80113

Second I hear about mom and dad getting all these pictures of the ibbi's ?I have gotten nothing... ... ... I invite you all to repent and send me pictures of my ibbi's! (Sorry if the call to repentance offends anyone, It's a joke between me and several of my mission friends.)

Yeah a lot of the missionaries are pretty sad to see President leaving, he still has a week and a half, but seeing as how I'm out west I won't get to see him again. =(

Luckily being a Zone Leader, I was able to see him on Wednesday when we held our mission leadership conference. So now that I've done that I can get released and go back to Spanish jajaja probably not gonna happen.

It was super cool though we had all the zone leaders, the assistants, the whole mission presidency, and the Sister leader trainers. We all met up in Frisco (It was nice to go back there and just see al the places where I used to work.) It was awesome, we discussed all sorts of things with President Murdoch coming in, and the Just serve program. The best part though was when President shared his testimony at the end of the meeting. It was just powerful, I con't even really describe it other than saying I'm so pleased for the opportunity I've had to serve with this incredible man of God! President Maynes really has changed my life and I've learned so much from him. I think back to before my mission (so about three weeks ago) when I spoke with uncle John and he told me that one of the number one reasons missionaries are called to serve in a certain mission is their mission President.

Overall we had a great week this week in Rifle, Elder gibson and I have been focusing on finding, because we really don't have many people progressing so we dropped about half our teaching pool and have been doing a lot of hard work! I LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! One funny story. We went to see some investigators, they weren't home so we tried contacting a referral on the same street. Also not there. So we knocked a few doors. Ok so once you've spent so much time tracting you need to find ways to make it interesting, one of the ways I do that is by knocking musically. I pretty much drum on the door for a little bit not too long, just  a short few bars to mix it up. So this door I knocked a few bars from pirates of the Caribbean. Then I said, "Because I knocked Pirates of the Caribbean they're going to answer and we'll teach them!" no sooner had the words left my mouth then a woman answered. I was right I was right I exulted in my mind. Oh, maybe I wasn't so right. She was one of those really grumpy faced people. Looking at the way she just shook her head and the stink eye we got you'd think we were homeless people trying to sell banana peels,
not two fine looking young gentlemen offering eternal Salvation FOR FREE!!! We tried to talk to here but she would have none of it! As we walked down the steps she opened the door again and said, "That's an irritating knock. You know that." And proceeded to slam the door a second time! Elder Gibson and I have been joking about it ever since.

Well, know that I love you all even though I may seem like some weird robot who's replaced your brother. Don't forget to send me ibbi pictures!

con mucho amor,

Elder Rojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment